Transparent static grey spot in left eye + high pressure on both eyes. Retinopathy?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

I have Diabetes 1.

I was at my eye doctor and did a throughout exam on the surface and the bottom of both of my eyes.

The exam showed that i have a spot just on the center of my vision on my left eye. And the pressure was higher than normal on both of my eyes.

Eye doctor said it is the first signs of retina. Due to my swinging blood sugars. My average blood sugar AC1 has been around 7,5 lately. Eye doctor said there is no nerve damage and that this spot on my left eye is nothing dangerous. But he said I should get my blood sugars under control to prevent further issues.

But my diabetes eye doctor told me that it is not retina. And the high blood pressure can be fixed with an operation.

So is this transparent blurry gray spot in my left eye not retina and nothing dangerous? Can it be reversed with good blood sugar management?

What about the higher blood pressure in both eyes?

I suspect i have slightly impaired vision. I feel my eyesight is a bit out of focus and “twitching” when focusing on details or objects. And that i get a bit “unbalanced” feeling sometimes.

Any inputs on this? Or can it be due to my anxiety and stress i have experienced for the past 2 years?

SugarDaddy91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wasps. Terrified of wasps. And retinopathy.
Well, it's a complex question. I don't suppose he gave you any pictures? The gray spot could be anything, sadly. When it comes to retinopathy, traditionally, the vision merely grows blurry. That's not to say you've got retinopathy. It could be as simple as needing different glasses or perhaps reading glasses. May I ask what your age is? The spot could of course be a floater, though they generally move about a bit. It could also be a drop of blood in the jelly of the eye. So it's a bit difficult to say without having the pictures.
When it comes to the pressure, I suspect is he is talking about the pressure inside of the eye and not the blood pressure. I am curious, though. Have you tried treating the pressure with eye drops? How high is the pressure? Operations are effective, but one usually tries the drops first.

Dark Horse

Are you saying that you are seeing 2 different ophthalmologists and that one says you have diabetic retinopathy whereas the other says that you do not? Or is the first one saying that you have retinopathy and the second one is saying that it is not diabetic retinopathy (i.e. has another cause)? It is best to ask your ophthalmolgist(s) to explain this to you fully.

This link gives information about ocular hypertension and glaucoma - surgery is usually considered only if drug treatments haven't worked:-
https://bnf.nice.org.uk/treatment-summary/glaucoma-and-ocular-hypertension.html

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it is glaucoma I suspect its permanent and needs lifelong treatment? It all started with both of my eyes being red when i woke up one day 1 month ago and both eyes were dizzy. then it disappeared and now i only have a static transparent gray spot in left eye just in the center of my left eye. Its barely visible but occurs more in certain light settings. I will visit another eye doctor in 3 weeks for another deep bottom of the eye exam.

I guess it cant be reversed by proper blood sugar control the spot on the left eye?