SD code free

tinker1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rainy days
Recently bought SD codefree strips usually they are quite accurate but this new batch is constantly showing 1 point higher is there anyone else who is having the same

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just received a new batch but haven't opened them yet.. have you checked the use by date on the packaging?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure.. Ill keep an eye out when I open my new batch later on this week.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have twice had a pot which read higher. I contacted Home Health both times. The first time they sent me a replacement pot, but the second time they didn’t, but just said the results I reported to them were within the acceptable tolerances.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Recently bought SD codefree strips usually they are quite accurate but this new batch is constantly showing 1 point higher is there anyone else who is having the same

Make a note of the batch number, and perhaps quote it on here in case others are using the same batch and finding the same problem. A few years ago there was a rogue batch. Several of us were noticing silly numbers and they were all from the same batch. We contacted Home Health who conducted a lot of tests on that batch and came to the conclusion it could have been the weather conditions when the batch was shipped from Asia, contaminating the strips. They were very good about it and did replace the batch. However, the numbers were a lot higher than expected.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had this happen a couple of times and both times I didn’t really notice until I opened a new pot because well, it’s been a difference of only 1 point, which is not that noticeable for me. I’d been getting readings generally 6s and 7s with higher (sometimes much higher) morning fasting numbers. Or at least I thought that.

What does surprise me is the next pot then gives me numbers that are in the 5s and fasting numbers in the 7s and not the 9s. I’d like to think I’d like I’d magically done something between pots. But I don’t think it was me.

lindisfel

Expert
If you use the last ten of one pot in tandem with ten of the new one you will get some idea if there is a readings shift.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Buy test solution --- a pack of medium and high is probably the best choice for T2. Home Health have the official test solution for the CodeFree and check every pot of strips. They don't cost the earth and give confidence when you get a rogue result. When opened every batch of strips I have had from Home Health test right in the middle of the fairly wide acceptable range however strips are very easily contaminated and I have had rogue results.

tinker1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rainy days
The lot No. S0318028 MFG date 2018.02.22. EXP date2020. 02.21
Tested my husband and daughter both non diabetic both 6.8 so strips are reading high. Providing I know its not a problem I will still use them .

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Very interesting to read this. I had a rogue 18.1 reading a few weeks ago. I put it down to not rinsing my hands well enough. I washed again with water only. Dried well. Then got 5.7. Soap or strip?

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
SD Biosensor Blood Glucose Control Solution - Low and High Parameters £6.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SD-Biosensor-Glucose-Control-Solution/dp/B00GUFNMWC/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1541787154&sr=8-1&keywords=codefree+test+solution

71FOk1mNJvL._SL1500_.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Same here. Current batch is reading higher and more erratically than normal.

Batch number is different to @tinker1

Lot no S0318075
Manufactured 2018.05.16
Expire 2020.05.15

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The lot No. S0318028 MFG date 2018.02.22. EXP date2020. 02.21
Tested my husband and daughter both non diabetic both 6.8 so strips are reading high. Providing I know its not a problem I will still use them .
Same here. Current batch is reading higher and more erratically than normal.

Batch number is different to @tinker1

Lot no S0318075
Manufactured 2018.05.16
Expire 2020.05.15

I’m doomed then, I’m currently using @tinker1 ’s batch and took delivery of @Goonergal ’s batch this week to use next! :banghead:

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Sanity test them against test solution

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sirmione

Test solutions only show whether a strip is testing within the prescribed range - and those ranges are pretty broad.
I sent for som test solutions early on in my D Experience and was disgusted, when I read the leaflet, to see that if a result fell between 7 and 10 (or equivalent, cos this was years ago, and my memory is hazy on the numbers) it was ‘acceptable’.

It certainly didn’t reassure me about consistency or accuracy.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I’m doomed then, I’m currently using @tinker1 ’s batch and took delivery of @Goonergal ’s batch this week to use next! :banghead:
I have a pot with the same batch as Goonergal's for my daughter to use as she has been diagnosed as borderline diabetic and is monitoring her BG till next HbA1c along with Mysgr app so will still use them but be aware of the issues with them.

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Using the same batch as GOONERGAL and getting higher readings than normal just got 100 strips of that batch number.:arghh:
Had ran out of strips last week used a freebie that I got contour next one the readings on that one were about 1 less than what i had been getting with the SD boisensor codefree.
Starting to wonder if I need to change meter has anyone tried the eBwell eB-W01 Blood Glucose Monitor ?
Strips are reasonably priced.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/members/goonergal.368709/

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
@Sirmione

Test solutions only show whether a strip is testing within the prescribed range - and those ranges are pretty broad.
I sent for som test solutions early on in my D Experience and was disgusted, when I read the leaflet, to see that if a result fell between 7 and 10 (or equivalent, cos this was years ago, and my memory is hazy on the numbers) it was ‘acceptable’.

It certainly didn’t reassure me about consistency or accuracy.

No thats not how it works the acceptable tolerance band for is all meter is very wide testing against a test calibration solution gives the capability to judge the margin of error for a particular batch of strips in a particular meter. Normally I have found the Codefree tested using a fresh tub strips against test solution returns result very close the middle of the low and high numbers specified on the bottles of solution.