Anybody else have a GP like this?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I wish all doctors had replies like this;-

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!
Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
AND For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
CONCLUSION:
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is Apparently what kills you.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Oh that's alright then :wink: Just have to brush up on my français.....

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!

Like it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unbeliever

I am reminded of a 4yearold I once knew who, after a talk bty a nurse about diet and eaing habits was asked to write or draw a healthy food. he drew a cat. His exasperated teacher asked him why . he replied Well the ***** cat eats the mouse , the mouse eats cheese which is a healthy
food and it's made from milk which is also a healthy food!

I ofen wonder what became of him....... :D

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
DD.
your DR is'nt Mr Mihaggie from Karate kid is he ? Or possibly a certain Mp that is in charge of the NHS reform. They must of cut the "GOOD ADVICE" budget .I this the futur the vision of Health care from ( The crazy Dr on Back to the futur) Crikeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy :lol: :lol: :lol:
JF :wink:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
We all have opinions on diet..carbs..insulin....drink..drugs.....etc....perhaps the only thing we all do have is the ENGLISH in common......!!!!!!

I sooooo wish I did have a gp that gave answers like this!!!!!! Just that I wish that I could wish that we all had none of this to deal with in our life's!!!!

Thought it would give a few persons a few thoughts, on just about every single option that us d's have to think about-and hopefully have a few laugh's...

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
This is for real
My Old GP told me
"Well at least you now know what you will die from" :shock:
"Now your diabetic you will have to stop taking your arthritis drug Arthrotec "

I asked what about the arthritis now ? Ans "Move down south" :shock:

I have a new GP

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
bowell said:
This is for real
My Old GP told me
"Well at least you now know what you will die from" :shock:
"Now your diabetic you will have to stop taking your arthritis drug Arthrotec "

I asked what about the arthritis now ? Ans "Move down south" :shock:

I have a new GP

Is this because you moved down South?

Sounds like an honest and practical GP to me 8)

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Sounds like an honest and practical GP to me 8

Naa ! I moved North from the South with work

To be honest he was just a very Rude/Blunt Doctor
In the end I would only go if i could see one of the other doctors
would be a total wast of time seeing him.

My wife left the practice a year before because of his attitude ,refused to send her for tests
that her new GP did soon as she clapped eyes on her THANK GOD !!
My Son then 19 also moved later same year. As told him ,only had sore throat and "gargle with salt water and go home and Grow a Pair" ? His Exact words
He never got off his fat **** to exam him (my wife was with him)
Son ended up in A&E 6 hours later Emg Operation (Quinsy)

GP has now retired from the practice,?? ,,,Probably works for ATOS now :evil:

Also moved practice, I now have a Brilliant GP

Turns out the old f@rt , was wrong
A recent brain scan has shown I will NOT kick the bucket from Diabetes :shock:

Bob