Forgot to take my medication yesterday

DannyS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being late
Hi I forgot to take any of my diabetes meds yesterday. My blood levels thismorning fasting was 10.0 is this a reasonable leyel for me missing a day?

Thanks for any comments.

Danny

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could you let us know what meds you are taking and what is your normal fasting blood glucose level?

DannyS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being late
Not sure what my fasting levels are it is so long since I have taken them as I feel I have my diabetes under control. The med I take are Metformin 500mg (2 a day one breakfast time & one dinner time) Glimepride 2mg morning & Candersartan Cilexetil 8mg morning (the Candersartan is for blood pressure.

Danny

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Would probably help to start testing again. I just find it all sneaks away out of control if I stop. But i am controlling with diet only.

T2#Me

Hi I forgot to take any of my diabetes meds yesterday. My blood levels thismorning fasting was 10.0 is this a reasonable leyel for me missing a day?

Thanks for any comments.

Danny
Very easy thing to do ... do you use a daily chart to remind you? It's the only thing works for me :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You could set an alarm on your phone? I do that for my evening dose as it’s one solitary pill so easy to forget. I remember the morning dose as I have other pills to take then

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I always used to forget my meds. Am on several per day at different times. I now have a dose box which helps alot.
I would suggest you start testing again

DannyS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being late
Thanks for all the replys, yes I think I should resume testing.

Cheers Danny.