What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...home from work at 11:30pm last night...a really scrappy evening...had to eat when I got home...around 01:30 as I clambered off to bed I passed the chocolate buttons...well I wish I had passed them another six eaten I'm afraid...woke to a 5.7...phew lucky or what?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...home from work at 11:30pm last night...a really scrappy evening...had to eat when I got home...around 01:30 as I clambered off to bed I passed the chocolate buttons...well I wish I had passed them another six eaten I'm afraid...woke to a 5.7...phew lucky or what?
You may well pass the chocolate buttons later:angelic:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Down to 7.3 today. Still too high but moving in the right direction. A lovely bright and dry start to the day here in the Midlands. Have a good Tuesday everyone. :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My favourite hypo treatment while I'm out and about are fruit pastilles @ianpspurs . I always carry a little tub of them even if I'm just walking to the shop. 2 will treat a hypo nicely but not my greed. I used to carry a packet of dextrose tablets but I kept having to throw them away because the wrapping became worn and broke.
You can get them in plastic tubes but not as nice as fruit pastilles or jelly baby's

Reactions: SueJB and Canvaspic

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, 5 today. Might have more to do with me taking my meds at 4:30 when i woke briefly than any real effort on my part, but ill take it.
Got to give a presentation tonight on the topic of iphone photography to the ladies of the ICA ( like WI ). So a couple of hours on the computer to put something together.
Hello to the new people @Tom109 @123Kiwi and some others that have popped in.
@Ziggy2017 and @Jodie Louise , hugs, hope for relief.
Take care all, have a good day.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 again. It could be worse but I like to be in the 5s. I think I'm 6s of late due to eating more. Yesterday i had supper. 1 thins cracker and lots of cheese and nuts with a glass of red. Too late in the day but i knew i hadnt eaten enough to maintain my weight during the day so needs must. Trying to maintain my weight has been my biggest challenge on my journey so far. Don't want to lose more. Happy where I am. My diabetic nurse won't recognise me on Friday. 4 stone loss (bar 2lb). So looking forward to my Appointment. Anyway my plan worked. 1lb heavier today. And supper was delicious!

Have a good day everyone.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

slept in this morning which is not like me, I'm usually up and about fairly early :)
Didn't get my strimming done yesterday because we had a bout of heavy rain, never mind we may go out and about shortly and have lunch out ;)

@ianpspurs log stacking is a satisfying activity isn't it :)

Have a good day all :)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.2 this morning, rather pleased with that too! Have to go and do some work on our old outhouse, new freezer going in there next week so I can stash veg from the garden in it. We had to give so much away this year! Anyone know anything about growing veg using grow lights? Hope everyone is having a good day.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

3.9 this morning. I'm a diet only Type 2 and this is due to fasting , I finished my fast after seeing this number.

Got some good news on the scale.
I lost 3.6 lbs (1.63 kg) this week.
Starting weight was 273.59 lbs (124.10),
I'm now 215.0 lbs (97.52 kig)
total loss so far: 58.59 lbs (26.58 kg) 4 stone, 2.59

This is the lowest weight I've been in many years (almost 30 years)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all,

3.9 this morning. I'm a diet only Type 2 and this is due to fasting , I finished my fast after seeing this number.

Got some good news on the scale.
I lost 3.6 lbs (1.63 kg) this week.
Start weight was 273.59 lbs (124.10),
I'm now 215.0 lbs (97.52 kig)
total loss so far: 58.59 lbs (26.58 kg) 4 stone, 2.59

This is the lowest weight I've been in many years (almost 30 years)
very well done on the weight loss chronicle cat :happy:

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat