Remission Strikes..

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my (now annual) Diabetes review today. Apparently I am officially in remission.. or so the Diabetes Nurse said.
Left her @Debandez Success stories and had quite a long chat about Type 2 treatment in our practise. Progress is being made.
The old doc who didn't know much has been replaced as Head of Diabetes care by the new Head of Practise who was the GP who "came out" to me as a low carber. A glimmer of hope.
This time the nurse was more open to chats so I did my usual spiel about low carb and she was more interested than last year.
I also asked how many had good control.. not many was the reply although it would appear I'm not alone.. hurrah.
She did a quick check and told me that the practise of 23,000 has just over 1,100 on the Diabetic Register which I'm guessing includes T1's as well as T2's. So probably 1,000 T2's which looks about right although I'm guessing there are quite a few undiagnosed out there.
Mentioned possibly setting up a patient led support group which she didn't dismiss immediately so maybe we have some hope and will try and get her along to the meeting i and a few others on the PPG hope to have (one day) about diabetes care.
So all in all quite a positive morning.. we also had a chat about statins.. and carnivore which she looked a bit shocked at!
Great news - amazing @chievements and great that your practice is more supportive. Brilliant too that you are being pro active moving things along.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm absolutely delighted your remission is now officially recognised, and give you loads of gold stars and gold medals for doing everything possible to help others. I wish you luck for spreading the word in your local area. If anyone can do it, you can.

:):):):):):):):):):):)

Reactions: Guzzler

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Great effort mate, and great news about the sea-change at your Practise.
Not in any way trying to steal your thunder (honest) but I was told I was below diabetic threshold last visit, but we agreed to keep me on the books. Currently steroid treatment has pushed me up again, so.....back on it!

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Great effort mate, and great news about the sea-change at your Practise.
Not in any way trying to steal your thunder (honest) but I was told I was below diabetic threshold last visit, but we agreed to keep me on the books. Currently steroid treatment has pushed me up again, so.....back on it!

And now, back to your well-deserved time in the spotlight. Well done!
:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy:

Reactions: bulkbiker
D

Deleted member 308541

Well done @bulkbiker.
4F2mf.gif

Reactions: bulkbiker

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had several bits of good news today but your news outshines all of it.

I can't tell you how pleased I am for you.

There are many facets to this site and you are part of the backbone.

Please keep doing what you're doing and sending you a huge virtual hug over the ether :)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Congratulations. Did she tell you her definition of remission? Is there a NHS definition of type 2 diabetes remission?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations. Did she tell you her definition of remission? Is there a NHS definition of type 2 diabetes remission?
Below Prediabetic HbA1c for 3 tests I believe..Although she didn't define it. Not the same as Virta or the ND criteria thankfully.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you have clearly been in remission for a long time already, it's nice that the NHS has finally caught up.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there a NHS definition of type 2 diabetes remission?

I doubt it, as in most things they appear to make it up as they go along.

Some T2D's are told they are in remission with HbA1c's in the low 40's, others like @bulkbiker can have a series of results in the mid 20's and are not immediately labelled.

My NHS designation is "resolved" whatever that means.

As I have not taken much notice of any NHS guidance for dealing with my T2D so far, how they label me is of no particular interest either.

Reactions: Brunneria

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes, there is an international definition. I am away from home this week and don't have my bookmarks so can't link it. From memory it is below 42 without meds for 12 months for the first stage, then 3 years for the 2nd stage, then 5 years for the last stage. I have posted it on a few threads if you want to do a search.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Well done Mr. You should see this status reflected in your Parient Access record.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It means that as far as the doctor is concerned he doesn't have to do any more about it. The fact that he didn't do anything in the first place is neither here nor there. I suppose if you were run over by a bus your diabetes would also be resolved.

Reactions: Brunneria and zand

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I doubt it, as in most things they appear to make it up as they go along.

Some T2D's are told they are in remission with HbA1c's in the low 40's, others like @bulkbiker can have a series of results in the mid 20's and are not immediately labelled.

As I have not taken much notice of any NHS guidance for dealing with my T2D so far, how they label me is of no particular interest either.
I think that resolved means you are even more of a smart **** than me when interfacing with HCP's and they never want to see you again ever..! :D

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator: