Problem with Medtronic Reservoirs

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I ordered pump supplies last week and received everything but the reservoirs. I then received a letter from Medtronic stating that there is a problem with supplies of their reservoirs (MMT-326A and MMT-332A.

I phoned Medtronic today to inform them I only had 6 reservoirs left (12 days supply for me). I was told that, when they get more supplies, 2 boxes of reservoirs would be marked as urgent for me. Apparently they get weekly deliveries but can't say when supplies will be sent out.

Has anyone been affected by this situation and can you tell me how long it took for your (part) delivery?

bernie25

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I have been having a problem with receiving reservoirs for my pump I have only one left as I have had problems with mio advance with the insulin not running through right. I have had to change quite a few times. I have reported it to medtronic. I rang this morning told them I had only one left they said they have sent out 1 box to each patient but I have not recieved so it looks as though I will be changing back to pens at end of week. I am bit worried about it as my confidence isn't as good now.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@mikio I might have to take you up on that offer. Thank you! How on earth did you end up with 9 boxes?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @dancer I too can send you a box, drop me a PM if you get stuck.

Reactions: dancer

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Problem solved. My DSN has some boxes and will give me reservoirs on Tuesday at my clinic appointment.

Thanks for the offers of help @Juicyj and @Emilio but it looks like all's well for a while anyway.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

bobcurly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I finally got a delivery today after 3 weeks of chasing so hopefully yours are on their way too x

Reactions: dancer

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I ordered 2 and a half weeks ago, no reservoirs yet, hopefully they won't be too much longer but I have 5 reservoirs I think, plus plenty of pens if I need them.

Reactions: porl69

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On Friday, Medtronic sent 2 of my 5 boxes, so that's me ok for a while. I just hope I'm not still waiting for the rest of the order when most of those reservoirs are gone!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think part of the problem is that with a lot of pump users swapping over from Animas to Medtronic they are running low on supplies as they are having to send out a lot more to meet the new demand

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think part of the problem is that with a lot of pump users swapping over from Animas to Medtronic they are running low on supplies as they are having to send out a lot more to meet the new demand
That makes sense in a way. What doesn't make sense is that they have known that this was going to happen, so should have made an extra effort to ensure there wouldn't be a shortage of supplies.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I’ve also had my order arrive today minus the reservoirs, but have a good few left so no panic yet, this could be down to anything inc faults in the manufacturing process but am sure they will sort this out soon ;)

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used Medtronic for about seven years when I first had a pump, and never once experienced supply issues. I went over to Roche for three years before switching back. Then I had a problem with supply of Quick-set infusion sets from Medtronic early this year. It took quite a lot of chasing on my part to get hold of them, without any kind of explanation. Left me a bit disillusioned, really. Now I make sure I'm well stocked at all times!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I told my DSN I had received 2 boxes so wouldn't require any reservoirs from her after all.
At the clinic yesterday, one of the health care assistants (I don't think they're nurses) said that my DSN had left a package for me. I said that I no longer needed them but was persuaded to take one of the boxes. My DSN wasn't at the clinic - in fact none of the DSNs were there, but that's another story.

Today I received the rest of my order from Medtronic, so I have no worries now. I hope the production of reservoirs is back to normal when I have to place my next order!

@bernie25 I hope you received your reservoirs!?

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I still haven't received any reservoirs and am now using my last one :(
I got in touch with medtronic and was told I have been allocated one box, which they will send by next day delivery when they get more supplies. They didn't say when that would be.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I still haven't received any reservoirs and am now using my last one :(
I got in touch with medtronic and was told I have been allocated one box, which they will send by next day delivery when they get more supplies. They didn't say when that would be.

Can your DSN help out, as mine did?

Reactions: sleepster

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can your DSN help out, as mine did?
Thanks, that's a good idea. I was just at the diabetes clinic last week, didn't even cross my mind to mention it! Unfortunately it's a 3hr+ round trip to get to the hospital, so I think I'll just hold on for my delivery and go back to pens in the meantime if necessary.