Flu jab, does it raise you blood sugar ?

ballabob

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my flu jab a few days ago, ever since my sugars are in the 12's does having the jab affect blood sugars ?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
My bg levels are ok since my flu jab Saturday just gone.
Just got a dam cold, well not a full blown cold but I do think it's from the flu jab

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
since having the flu jab i have felt tired and irritable , blood sugar levels appear ok but affects everyone differently

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my flu jab a few days ago, ever since my sugars are in the 12's does having the jab affect blood sugars ?
I always respond badly to it, but the actual flu is worse. Lesser of 2 evils. Sugars may go up a little, but they do come down on their own after a couple of days.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
I had the flu jab Friday and my blood sugar went up by 6 for 4 day then went back to normal I read some where when u immune response kicks in to these things it happens

Sent from my SM-G903F using Diabetes Forum mobile app

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
made me feel ill unsure why but never saw a rise in levels thank goodness

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I got really ill last year after my flu-jab, with tender ribs and chest. The GP insisted they use a dead virus and it can't infect you. Funny how so many of us get ill soon after. Hmmmm.;)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I got away scott free this time around. Alas, pukey, dizzy & bg's up. Keep having to tell myself it's better than the actual flu, but my stomach begs to differ. ;) Hope everyone's back up to par again soon!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Having my anti flu jab on Wed. Hope it doesn't make me sick or raise BG and if it does, I wonder if I should give it a quick prick to get it back in line.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
No. Just a pulsing pain in my arm for a while but I coped with my shift at work moving boxes so guess it was manageable.