Tolerance?

rorshach

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had an emergency DSN appointment on Monday after my ratios were basically 1:1 and was taken off novorapid and put on to Humalog (massive difference already) the nurse was new and told me that you can become tolerant of insulin and that’s what had happened and it happens to lots of people.

I’m not sure about this but I knew this forum would be helpful. What did I do wrong? Will I mess it up with Humalog too? Can I avoid this?

Thank you so much for your time.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
wow .. that is quite a high I:C ratio -- 1 unit per 1 carb..............that suggests insulin resistance

what have your BG's been like > ?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes you can become intolerant of insulin over time so it basically acts like water. You cant really avoid it but just know it happens and that you might need to switch insulin's again in some time.

You did nothing wrong and its just one of those things, don't stress.

rorshach

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
wow .. that is quite a high I:C ratio -- 1 unit per 1 carb..............that suggests insulin resistance

what have your BG's been like > ?

Completely nightmarish on novorapid. Since the Humalog now at 1:20!

I will never understand this disease

Thank you for replying.

rorshach

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you can become intolerant of insulin over time so it basically acts like water. You cant really avoid it but just know it happens and that you might need to switch insulin's again in some time.

You did nothing wrong and its just one of those things, don't stress.

That’s good to know thank you so much.