What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.3 today. Bright and windy here, but suitable for a nice walk.
Sticking to two meals early in the day at the moment, with the goal of trying to reduce the number before bed. Which in turn should lead to better morning numbers. Its swings and roundabouts I suspect, and just makes for worse afternoon numbers...but ya gota try something. Hope everyone is well or recovering, hope you BG is the best in weeks. Have a great day.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
John Lewis Christmas advert is out so lets start buying things only Christmas could possibly convince anyone the world needs:angelic: (Julie, I am thinking crackers especially)
Sunday 25th is stir up Sunday - although these won't keep in the same way (may freeze) here are 2 LC recipes to think about
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-best-low-carb-christmas-pudding.html
https://sugarfreelondoner.com/low-carb-christmas-pudding/
@SueJB flu jab does raise bg so apportion blame there. Hope Mr B's problem is temporary.
Loving the idea, but not the microwaving bit. ..

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone blood sugar was 4.9 today. I had a diabetic eye test last week and my results are back I have diabetic retinopathy although I’m not sure why my blood sugars are quite well controlled although I do have a problem with my blood pressure. Enjoy your day everyone
Hugs ziggy 2017 x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I took Mr B to the coach station to catch the plane to Amsterdam. I fly tomorrow.
Great recipes but such a pity both use a microwave, don't have one but perhaps I could go to John Lewis and get one that I won't use or just use once a year! A microwave is for life not just for Christmas.
A microwave is for making salami crisps or heating milk for bigger grandchildren. Even the fens have moved from stick fires. I assume one could boil it for several weeks wrapped up in Lord knows what.:angelic:

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A microwave is for making salami crisps or heating milk for bigger grandchildren. Even the fens have moved from stick fires. I assume one could boil it for several weeks wrapped up in Lord knows what.:angelic:
Never had salami crisps @ianpspurs nor children. I used to make a mean steak and kidney pud so I imagine that style may well suit

Reactions: ianpspurs

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.4 this morning. Obviously not enough moving around yesterday as I was glued to the telly with all the Brexit stuff! going to get out on my bike today even if only for half an hour.

A microwave is for making salami crisps .:angelic:

Please tell me how to make these wonders? I need salami crisps in my life!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

P

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.3 today. Bright and windy here, but suitable for a nice walk.
Sticking to two meals early in the day at the moment, with the goal of trying to reduce the number before bed. Which in turn should lead to better morning numbers. Its swings and roundabouts I suspect, and just makes for worse afternoon numbers...but ya gota try something. Hope every is well or recovering, hope you BG is the best in weeks. Have a great day.

I’ll be watching with interest @Canvaspic I’m chopping and changing what I’m doing to try to bring numbers down too.
I tried 30hr fasts but lost too much weight - it’s such a fine balance.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ll be watching with interest @Canvaspic I’m chopping and changing what I’m doing to try to bring numbers down too.
I tried 30hr fasts but lost too much weight - it’s such a fine balance.

I have tried a few variants like - one meal a day ( too much food first thing ) and eating early and late ( willpower issues ). So now Breakfast - some exercise - lunch - fast till the following morning. That cuts out snacking while watching TV of an evening. And it gives me a daily goal ( to achieve a low number by bedtime ). So far...maybe a small improvement will let you know in a week.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs re crackers I would urge Julie to just buy them! Last year I decided to make my own with a suitably personal gift for everyone. Never again, it took way too much time and money and everyone was underwhelmed. The snap worked though!

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs re crackers I would urge Julie to just buy them! Last year I decided to make my own with a suitably personal gift for everyone. Never again, it took way too much time and money and everyone was underwhelmed. The snap worked though!
@PenguinMum It is the fact that she doesn't need urging to buy them that annoys me - no-one needs Christmas crackers in their life - at least I don't and am furious I apparently keep buying them:arghh::arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.4 this morning. Obviously not enough moving around yesterday as I was glued to the telly with all the Brexit stuff! going to get out on my bike today even if only for half an hour.

Please tell me how to make these wonders? I need salami crisps in my life!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

P
Very thinly sliced salami - milano for me - laid on kitchen towel and covered with same; zapped in microwave full power for ?? I use 45 secs