HBA1C

Milly11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it wrong to be feeling a little smug with myself?
I was diagnosed in March of this year, due to pancreatitus & pancreatic cyst. My HBA1C at the time was 119. I was told it would take about 12 months to get it down to a normal level of between 47-53. I've just had the results from my 2nd 3 monthly check & my HBA1C is 47.5. I've also managed to drop 2.5 st in weight

Reactions: Sugeraddict

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! That showed them! And of course you’re allowed to feel smug, very smug!

Reactions: knoxy55 and Milly11

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Send that Smug-Ometer off the scale! Excellent job, well done.

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
I was diagnosed in March of this year, due to pancreatitus & pancreatic cyst. My HBA1C at the time was 119. I was told it would take about 12 months to get it down to a normal level of between 47-53. I've just had the results from my 2nd 3 monthly check & my HBA1C is 47.5. I've also managed to drop 2.5 st in weight
Well done!

Geoffno6

You smug on. Well done, you’ve done really well. I’m waiting for Hba1c results and hope to do some smugging!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! Definitely a reason to be smug

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, you are wrong to be a little big smug. You should be MASSIVELY smug!

stevetur

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
gameboys,xboxes etc, and the poor sods who use facebook etc instead of having a real life.
HI, Well done, be careful though, My HBA1C has dropped from 120 to 41 over the last couple of years, and I am now being nagged that it is too low. you cant win sometimes!!!!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI, Well done, be careful though, My HBA1C has dropped from 120 to 41 over the last couple of years, and I am now being nagged that it is too low. you cant win sometimes!!!!
Well if you get your HbA1c to "normal" levels then the prediction of T2 being a chronic progressive disease is proved false.. so their very raison d'etre is being challenged...

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You should be looking down on smug! Very well done! x

Pittston

Pittston

Well done from one smug to another. I was diagnosed prediabetic in August, Hba1c was 44. Here I am three months later, one stone lighter and today my Hba1c was 36!

Milly11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done from one smug to another. I was diagnosed prediabetic in August, Hba1c was 44. Here I am three months later, one stone lighter and today my Hba1c was 36!
Congratulations. Well done you.

Milly11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the advance warning. I'm still on a steap learning curve with diabetes & confess some of it is confusing