Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
Hi Guys.

I've been counting down the days waiting for this and today I got my first HbA1c results since diagnosis. I have to say I'm chuffed as it has come down from 84 to 52.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yay! Winner, well done.

Juliarolo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That’s a great start. Well done. If you’re T2 and not ok insulin Go low carb and get it down further for next time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
That’s a great start. Well done. If you’re T2 and not ok insulin Go low carb and get it down further for next time.
Thanks. I've kept the carbs as low as I can and I've started to increase good fat hoping to get into Ketosis.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Nicely on track --- keep at it.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Good stuff - well done.
Remember that blood cells live about 10-12 weeks so what you do to your blood now will show up in your test in 2-3 months.
Keep trending down.

lisa5466

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Feeling exhausted all the time
Well done. My HB1AC was 80 so could you share how you brought it down please? How long did it take? Were you taking meds? Diet and lifestyle changes? Any advice you can share would be welcome? Thanks.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ny A1c was 85 on diagnosis and I nearly died.

Last result was 37.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another unicorn in this fabled land...

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
Well done. My HB1AC was 80 so could you share how you brought it down please? How long did it take? Were you taking meds? Diet and lifestyle changes? Any advice you can share would be welcome? Thanks.
Hi Lisa5466.

Straight from the day I was told I was Type 2 I attempted to cut out all carbs from my diet. This of course is impossible but at least I was cutting out all the obvious ones.

Over the following 3 months I learnt about hidden carbs by looking at all food labels.

I also use a blood glucose meter 2 hours after every meal so if I get a high reading I can try to work out what caused it.

I read up a lot on the condition and watched videos on YouTube. I can recommend Dr Jason Fung both on YouTube and his books, The Diabetes Code and The Obesity Code. I t deffo helped understanding what had happened to my body and how to help the situation.

I attended a DESMOND course which was quite good if only to confirm a lot of what I'd learned from my own research. Although the diet advice was a bit out of date I thought.

And there's this forum. I've had some great advice from people on here.

I am really enjoying the low carb life and absolutely love how I am no longer a slave to hunger. I try to eat just 2 meals per day now. Not to cut calories but to allow 16 hours of fasting per day. This isn't always possible but it's no big deal if I do have a 3rd meal outside of my eating window now and then.

I was prescribed 3 x 500mg of Metformin a day which I have to admit I'm not always very good at remembering to take.

For me I have to throw myself into something. I don't do cutting down very well. It's all or nothing with me.

I've been trying to eat low carb high fat for a couple of weeks. I've not got into Ketosis yet but the weight keeps coming down so I'm happy and the food is delicious.

I hope some of that might help.