Anyone tried the new Mio Advance?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am having to move to Medtronic and my DSN suggested this set. I currently use Animas Inset 6mm. Just wondered what people thought of it and how it compared to the normal Mio?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @MushyPeaBrain I haven’t heard of this one yet so will go and do some research, I struggled with the current mio set a lot, got kinks when inserting and then had an allergic reaction to the plastic set, since I moved to the steel tips on the Sure T I have had no issues with inserting it except the odd dodgy spot from the site itself and slow absorption so have to admit I would be reluctant to move now.

Reactions: MushyPeaBrain

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
From a quick scan on the info it’s still using a Teflon cannula set it’s just the applicator which is different and looks like it would solve insertion issues that the current mio has but from a personal point of view I wouldn’t change from the Sure T as would still get soreness from the Cannula set and get an allergic reaction from this.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@MushyPeaBrain I've used it. In terms of the set itself, it's very similar to the Mio/Inset II. The big difference is that the applicator is way easier to use, less painful and applies the cannula without the tube attached, which makes it a whole lot less of a faff. In terms of wearing it in use, I didn't find it any different.

yakudueye1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sandwich and cold foods
I have one and it's brilliant as it get inserted without any gueses

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It sounds fantastic but I hope I can get some. My 640g is taking months to arrive and I have heard on another forum there is a big problem with a shortage of these sets and also reservoirs. Medtronic seem to be having supply issues.