I'm lost

nadiq38

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are always here for support. I have been thru what you going thru. Sadly a lot of people don't understand type 1 and type 2 n have their own preconceptions. My family still don't understand but things changed when they got type 2 diabetes.

Reactions: Domi0205

nadiq38

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You have to give up very little. Only those that specify no type 1 diabetes of which there are a small number. The sky is the limit.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm Domi, I'm 18 year old and I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 since 23 September 2018 and from that day I have no idea what to do anymore. My family started to hate me now, saying its my fault and not wanting to have a proper conversation with me.. my friends... Well I don't have friends anymore just because of that and I almost was kicked out from college. I feel awful and like a trash because this destroyed my dreams of being a pilot..
I honestly lost and don't know what to do

My diabetic nurse suggested me to sign in to this app to maybe help me or something but idk...
Sorry that the message is so depressing

Hi @Domi0205 ,

Welcome to the forum.
From someone who's been T1 for over 42 years. It is possible to live your life to the full, with a few brilliant surprises along the way... My journey is far from over. Your's has just begun.
I nearly got kicked out of college too. ;) Back in the day.

It will take time, but your family will undoubtedly come round.
Friends? Find new ones.. Dynamics in friendships do change over time. Good friends will last.

Domi0205

Hi @Domi0205 ,

Welcome to the forum.
From someone who's been T1 for over 42 years. It is possible to live your life to the full, with a few brilliant surprises along the way... My journey is far from over. Your's has just begun.
I nearly got kicked out of college too. ;) Back in the day.

It will take time, but your family will undoubtedly come round.
Friends? Find new ones.. Dynamics in friendships do change over time. Good friends will last.
Thanks

Reactions: nadiq38

Mossy121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm Domi, I'm 18 year old and I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 since 23 September 2018 and from that day I have no idea what to do anymore. My family started to hate me now, saying its my fault and not wanting to have a proper conversation with me.. my friends... Well I don't have friends anymore just because of that and I almost was kicked out from college. I feel awful and like a trash because this destroyed my dreams of being a pilot..
I honestly lost and don't know what to do

My diabetic nurse suggested me to sign in to this app to maybe help me or something but idk...
Sorry that the message is so depressing

Hi Domi I’m so sorry to hear about your family, i couldn’t imagine not having a supportive family network behind me it’s hard enough coming to terms with becoming diabetic. I had a similar story my dream was to be a advanced police driver/ work in the police and I got told to think about a “normal profession”. To be honest I didn’t think anything else would be for me but I’m now a teaching assistant working in a school with special educational needs and it’s just the best job ever so good things will come in time for you I’m sure of it, maybe not now but in time.

Hope that helps

Joe

Domi0205

Hi Domi I’m so sorry to hear about your family, i couldn’t imagine not having a supportive family network behind me it’s hard enough coming to terms with becoming diabetic. I had a similar story my dream was to be a advanced police driver/ work in the police and I got told to think about a “normal profession”. To be honest I didn’t think anything else would be for me but I’m now a teaching assistant working in a school with special educational needs and it’s just the best job ever so good things will come in time for you I’m sure of it, maybe not now but in time.

Hope that helps

Joe
Thanks a lot

Reactions: Mossy121

Domi0205

No problem , I was diagnosed at 18, crazy to think it’s been 4 years now, still have up and down days like everyone does but if you need any help diabetic related always happy to help if I can like many others on the group will be as well.
You're great