Christmas gift ideas

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I buy for some older people who generally do not need anything so I do a Christmas Hamper, I purchase the things I know they will like.... Toffee's for him, chocolates for her, then find really good quality jam's and some jars of pickles generally things I hope they will like but cannot get for themselves.

I used to go to the trouble and expense of making them a full size Christmas Cake as I knew they both enjoyed Christmas Cake - I had to make it by the beginning of October and feed it each week until Christmas -- I stopped doing it when it came out that they simply cut the cake into large pieces and gave it away to all their family............... Maybe wrong of me but I was hurt that they cared so little about all the time and effort I put into making it, so now they get the hamper.

A magazine subscription works really well - a monthly reminder of the gift they got.

K

Kat100

I buy for some older people who generally do not need anything so I do a Christmas Hamper, I purchase the things I know they will like.... Toffee's for him, chocolates for her, then find really good quality jam's and some jars of pickles generally things I hope they will like but cannot get for themselves.

I used to go to the trouble and expense of making them a full size Christmas Cake as I knew they both enjoyed Christmas Cake - I had to make it by the beginning of October and feed it each week until Christmas -- I stopped doing it when it came out that they simply cut the cake into large pieces and gave it away to all their family............... Maybe wrong of me but I was hurt that they cared so little about all the time and effort I put into making it, so now they get the hamper.

A magazine subscription works really well - a monthly reminder of the gift they got.
What a nice thing to do , I love the sound of the hamper

Now cakes Interesting , I bet so many people are guilty of giving cake away , birthday cake ,often slices are given away , had not thought of Christmas cake , but I guess they were just thinking of others ..
So nice of you to make it though ...

Magazine subscription is great x

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mail order Russian brides, speed boats, a universal female mute button..the usual stuff..:D
I have a (small) speed boat and my brother has a Russian wife - though not mail order - so as siblings we have two out of three between us already.

The mute thing, however, is pure wishful thinking on your part :D :D

K

Kat100

I have a (small) speed boat and my brother has a Russian wife - though not mail order - so as siblings we have two out of three between us already.

The mute thing, however, is pure wishful thinking on your part :D :D
I put a good single malt in the stocking for you :hungry: Very expensive :p

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A bottle of Port

Some Police or Joop after shave

A Good Torch

Agatha Christie Book (one I haven't got)

Make that 2 bottles of Port lol

Carlisle United scarf

A new wallet

Did I mention a bottle of Port

K

Kat100

A bottle of Port

Some Police or Joop after shave

A Good Torch

Agatha Christie Book (one I haven't got)

Make that 2 bottles of Port lol

Carlisle United scarf

A new wallet

Did I mention a bottle of Port
You get the port lol x

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
My mom got a box set of Amazing Grace perfume.

Her H got 2 antique Elvis books since he's a huge Elvis fan and impossible to buy for.

Mouse is getting an activity table, a chewbacca pillow and blanket, The Night Before Christmas book, and pajamas. I'll probably also get him some bath toys. I just can't see going crazy when he'll have zero recollection of the day.

Not sure what to get eldest son. He just won't tell me what he wants or needs.

We do not exchange with siblings. Friends are normally food and booze related. Ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Clivethedrive

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm having/had

part of a stereo (part birthday pressie/ part Christmas pressie)
I also have a set of some new fangled headphones which means I dont have to be plugged in but can listen to my wonderful music throughout the house and hubby doesnt
and yet another handbag (I'm collecting them)

Hubby this year has a ticket to go see Ozzy and Judas Priest in Birmingham, and he had a tv cus his other one had been magnetised.

Usually buy hubby some sort of game for the compaturmabob and dvds.

What I'd really like - but we dont have the cash - is a new engagement ring because mine isnt the one I picked and after 12 years of married bliss I havent had the heart to tell him

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
sorry but Christmas i always have Thorntons toffee bought em and oh boy am looking forward to getting it laughs

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry but Christmas i always have Thorntons toffee bought em and oh boy am looking forward to getting it laughs

Oh I have a box of Thorntons every year too - the Continental chocs, hmmmmm

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm off out today to buy a gift for my hairdresser and beautician. I dont know if its the done thing but I like this girl and figured she could do with something nice and pretty for herself. It will be something like a bath bomb and maybe a small prosecco gift set.

Oh and I might be buying hubby a game for the computamabob, shush dont tell him

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
we are entitoled to a treat just liek everyone else yummy i love thorntons