What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is. Down 19 pounds with 45 to go. But it seems to go in bursts - lose nothing for two months, 13 pounds in a month, lose nothing for six weeks, lose six pounds in two weeks. Very odd.
I can relate to that as I'm exactly the same with stop start weight loss. I'm down 38 lbs so far and take heart from the fact I'm not putting it on again. I know I can get it started again with intermittent fasting but I don't feel the need yet.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to have missed yesterday mainly due to us trying to take in the rules of the new discipline regime for No 2. Initial results are good although we have been told it could get worse before it gets better as they become little 'testers' to see if you really mean it. It's a variation on other methods where there is a penalty for 'obnoxious behaviour' such as removal of things they like and it is countered by encouraging good behaviour. Must admit the read so far has raised a few smiles as it is oh so familiar. Anyway, yesterday

Bed 5.7 FBG 5.4

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Went off to Aqua Zumba after that and the school run.
L. Quick visit to M&S then a lunch of chorizo crisps and a spoonful of M&S tuna with red onion and beans, 5 mozzarella pearls and marinated Honduran prawns.
D. Another bunless burger with mustard and a cheese slice, 2 mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, helmans and 2 of M&S haloumi with chilli.
Later had a few blackberries and raspberries with not quite a scoop of Halo Top.

Despite the Halo Top bed on 4.6 FBG was 4.2 and not a lot is happening with it.

Children in Need day has resulted in all the kids and teachers in fancy dress so I was surrounded by Harry Potters , Miss Trunchbal and Fantastic Mr Fox's. Not often you see a load of oompa loompas crossing the road either.

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. A bit early but just had another spoonful of the M&S tuna, red onion and beans, a few more mozzarella pearls and the last of the Honduran prawns. After School pick up in an hour I'll be taking our Harry Potter to the library to join the Lego Group. The fate of No 2 depends on today's behaviour.
D. Aubergine and mozzarella melanzana. Still got berries left too.

Might end up in the pool. Depends if No 1 wants to go after Lego club.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast my usual peanut & chocolate protein bar
Lunch I’m currently tucking in to a subway salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, gherkins, jalapeños, sweetcorn with a double scoop of steak and cheese, with mayo and chipotle southwest sauce.
Won’t have any dinner as won’t get home till near midnight, hence the monster sized lunch :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I thought a nice big prawn and oomi noodle lunch would do the the day.
It was a big portion! With garlic and cream. Very nice.

Only a mere 5 hrs late I am hungry again.
Lamb chops here I come.

Definitely an Eating Day!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
I had dinner early today in yet another tweak to try and get numbers down without losing weight.

Breakfast: DD breakfast sandwich ( bg 6.6 after this practically no carb meal - for goodness sake!)

Went swimming. Took an Adonis bar for afterwards but only if bg less than 5.5 - which it wasn’t ( 5.7) so didn’t eat it
No lunch

D: the last of the pork joint, 3 slices with 4 celeriac chips and h/m coleslaw. 1 gherkin
Sf jelly and cream

Reactions: maglil55

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Elevenses - Mocha
Lunch - Pate, two slices of ham, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and olives. Two squares of 70% chocolate
Dinner - Home made lamb and mushroom casserole with carrots and sprouts. Strawberries and cream.
Snacks - Smoked almonds and bbq cashews

Nice catch up with my Auntie in the local Garden Centre this morning. All the Christmas display out so felt very festive!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really feel your pain @DJC3. Every day I arise and take my reading, drink my tea then wait and take another reading. I spend the rest of my day convincing myself this WOE must work because other people have shown it works. Next day no change. The famous saying , (wrongly) attributed to Einstein, springs to mind. Trust is wearing thin but TINA I know of.
Breakfast: - Tea : - Cricket and 4.5 pints of tea; how does that turn into 6.4 at 10.30? Meter, strips or my body not working
Dockey : No mood for anything by then
Lunch : Filter coffee with cream; pack M and S chorizo and diabolo cheddar rolitos and CCB then dog walk
Mid Afternoon: Tea - at about 4.45
Evening meal: 250 gms salmon; 200 gms Halloumi fries in ground flaxseed; mushrooms; h/m mayo
I do wonder if breakfast may work but there is not a breakfast that would work for me :arghh:

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I hope everyone is well? Not had a chance to catch up with any posts while I’ve been away but missed you all.

There has been a little bit of intermittent fasting while I’ve been away but it doesn’t seem to do me any favours, I don’t get hungry but I don’t see lovely reductions in my numbers so it’s not a great motivator for me.

Tuesday was an omelette breakfast, a coffee on route and nothing until my evening meal
Wednesday was a bit better, cooked breakfast, a Costa coffee, pigs in Mac and cheese from a costa coffee shop, it was the least damaging option from what was available, was very tasty and didn’t have any alarming effect on my BG, nice chicken in mushroom sauce, aubergine and courgette and a small salad for dinner
Thursday another cooked breakfast, a coffee on my travels and a chicken tikka masala with one poppadom when I got in last night
This morning I had some dropping off of things from various locations and the pool car so no time for breakfast, no lunch either as I didn’t have anything prepared and “the cupboards at home after 3 days away were not Jayne friendly” so another unplanned fast. My boss was in a very generous mood and offered to take me home when he left at 12.30 rather then me have to wait at the end of the day for my partner to pick me up, this was a massive help as I was able to go and do a quick shop. Ate a pack of pork scratchings on my way round the supermarket.
Dinner was roast gammon with pigs in blankets, cauli mash, asparagus and a small serving of baby peas and carrots

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I hope everyone is well? Not had a chance to catch up with any posts while I’ve been away but missed you all.

There has been a little bit of intermittent fasting while I’ve been away but it doesn’t seem to do me any favours, I don’t get hungry but I don’t see lovely reductions in my numbers so it’s not a great motivator for me.

Tuesday was an omelette breakfast, a coffee on route and nothing until my evening meal
Wednesday was a bit better, cooked breakfast, a Costa coffee, pigs in Mac and cheese from a costa coffee shop, it was the least damaging option from what was available, was very tasty and didn’t have any alarming effect on my BG, nice chicken in mushroom sauce, aubergine and courgette and a small salad for dinner
Thursday another cooked breakfast, a coffee on my travels and a chicken tikka masala with one poppadom when I got in last night
This morning I had some dropping off of things from various locations and the pool car so no time for breakfast, no lunch either as I didn’t have anything prepared and “the cupboards at home after 3 days away were not Jayne friendly” so another unplanned fast. My boss was in a very generous mood and offered to take me home when he left at 12.30 rather then me have to wait at the end of the day for my partner to pick me up, this was a massive help as I was able to go and do a quick shop. Ate a pack of pork scratchings on my way round the supermarket.
Dinner was roast gammon with pigs in blankets, cauli mash, asparagus and a small serving of baby peas and carrots
There seems to be an epidemic of IF giving numbers the middle finger so don't worry.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Winner for getting through to the weekend after a difficult few days. Pleased you’re back safe and have copedwith journeys and colleague!

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope everyone had a good Friday
Breakfast quarter of a piece of lo dough eggy bread ( finishing off my lodough supply but not planning to reorder at moment as I’m not that keen - prefer the hi lo toast!) with fried egg
Lunch veggie soup with slice of hilotoast followed by cup of coffee and two pieces of 95% Lidl choc( it’s going fast!)
Dinner lamb curry on bed of mushrooms and glass of wine followed by SF jelly and cream
I’m hosting a dinner for a friend’s birthday tomorrow night - felt easiest to host as can keep low carb but a lot of work! I offered several months ago when it seemed like a good idea! Our Friends are bringing the booze and cheese - I’m doing all cooking. Clafoutis made ahead today and beef marinating overnight tonight. Report back will probably be Sunday - as likely to be a busy and late night. I’m also doing some roast potatoes I’ve par boiled and frozen ahead and going to roast them in goose fat and contemplating trying a small one and seeing how I cope with it. Not had a roasted potato for at least 14 months!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for getting through to the weekend after a difficult few days. Pleased you’re back safe and have copedwith journeys and colleague!
Thank you lovely lady, I have been challenged to say the least but I have triumphed and am quite proud of the fact that I didn't resort to anything that was going to result in my arrest lol xx

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m also doing some roast potatoes I’ve par boiled and frozen ahead and going to roast them in goose fat and contemplating trying a small one and seeing how I cope with it. Not had a roasted potato for at least 14 months!
Somehow, I doubt the world will end or all control will escape you BUT I would wager a king's ransom you will enjoy the experience.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Strangers, it's been a while :)

B Greek yogurt and double cream, coffee and cream
L 2 rashers fried bacon , eggs, and a tomato
T Roast chicken drumsticks in butter and a few oiled roast mushrooms and courgette, just about to have a coffee and cream too

About 5 cups of tea throughout the day with about a teaspoon (if that ) of semi skimmed milk. Couple of glasses of water.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening meal: Ox cheek stew - (sounds like some pretentious 1970s group or concept album) - in IP on its meat stew setting; tasted lovely but not especially filling

Ox cheek stew ha yes that does sound like a dodgy 70s band :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you lovely lady, I have been challenged to say the least but I have triumphed and am quite proud of the fact that I didn't resort to anything that was going to result in my arrest lol xx

Been wondering how you were doing, and whether you had resorted to violence... yet! ;)

Reactions: DJC3