Remission Strikes..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Mr. You should see this status reflected in your Parient Access record.
Yep you're quite correct (as usual).
Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.40.45.png

Just noticed it also says statin declined which I believe means they get the cash for asking and I don't get the pills to not collect the prescription.

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @ Bulkbiker!!! You really deserve it, They say what goes round comes around!! With all the help and advice for everyone else (including me), it could not of happen to a better person!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My NHS designation is "resolved" whatever that means.

As I have not taken much notice of any NHS guidance for dealing with my T2D so far, how they label me is of no particular interest either.

Mine is also marked diabetes resolved. It is an incorrect coding. Diabetes Resolved is for those that have had surgery and those whose diabetes was caused by medication they no longer take or need, such as steroids. For anyone else it should be coded Diabetes in Remission. Many GPs get the coding wrong.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Yes, there is an international definition. I am away from home this week and don't have my bookmarks so can't link it. From memory it is below 42 without meds for 12 months for the first stage, then 3 years for the 2nd stage, then 5 years for the last stage. I have posted it on a few threads if you want to do a search.
Yes, I know that definition. I was wondering if the NHS had an official definition or if it was just that particular nurse's idea of remission. Sounds like the latter.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I know that definition. I was wondering if the NHS had an official definition or if it was just that particular nurse's idea of remission. Sounds like the latter.

I think each surgery has its own ideas on this. My surgery treats remission as an HbA1c under 48 without meds for a certain period of time (I think 18 months or 3 consecutive tests). My very first HbA1c under 48 was in June 2014. About 18 months after that my nurse coded me as At Risk of Diabetes (in other words, pre-diabetic) but earlier this year my GP coded me diabetes resolved and entered the date June 2014, so he was completely wrong.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She did say that I should have been amended a while ago.. but didn't give a reason why.. I didn't think to task sorry..
If I ever get the meeting I have been pushing for with the GP's I'll ask them.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that resolved means you are even more of a smart **** than me when interfacing with HCP's and they never want to see you again ever..! :D

Edited by Mod

Careful there. This smart **** has powers and tooooooools

upload_2018-11-13_19-22-34.png

Just sayin'

Reactions: xfieldok

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just saw your thread.

Congratulations @bulkbiker :) :) :)

I'm in awe of your hard work. Are you looking to lose weight now or happy with your current status?

Nothing stays the same.
So hoping to join your club too, permanently.

I must have the patience of a Saint. I know how to get remission it's weight lose I couldn't achieve.
Here's to me being greedy and wanting both. You?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just saw your thread.

Congratulations @bulkbiker :) :) :)

I'm in awe of your hard work. Are you looking to lose weight now or happy with your current status?

Nothing stays the same.
So hoping to join your club too, permanently.

I must have the patience of a Saint. I know how to get remission it's weight lose I couldn't achieve.
Here's to me being greedy and wanting both. You?
Thanks for that.. still have a few pounds to go to get to my own personal ideal but that may not be what my body considers to be ideal so we'll have to wait and see. For the moment I'm happy to try and shed a few pounds through fasting a bit just need to find the right protocol that works for me. To want to have everything is, I guess quite normal, but knowing when you've got enough to be happy is key.

Reactions: Indy51

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes my congrats too. Does that mean you’ll be leaving?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I was. Wryness doesn't work on t'internet, does it? Anyway you represent something to aim for
not particularly well no .... although I did kind of think that's where you were coming from! :D
I think a "irony" emoji would be a great idea!