Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all. If you can’t get root ginger, the best, or fresh lemon then a placebo soother’s lemon and ginger tea in a bag. Fisherman’s friends which are too small to pack much carb and so powerful the sore throat has to give in for a nano second are also quite good, and there’s a Swiss herbal sweet that really works well but you might have to bolus for it. I’ll try and dig out the name.

Reactions: kitedoc and hh1

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. If you can’t get root ginger, the best, or fresh lemon then a placebo soother’s lemon and ginger tea in a bag. Fisherman’s friends which are too small to pack much carb and so powerful the sore throat has to give in for a nano second are also quite good, and there’s a Swiss herbal sweet that really works well but you might have to bolus for it. I’ll try and dig out the name.
They do a sugar free Fishermans Friend as far as it goes, blackcurrant taste, not that nice but at least you don't eat many https://www.fishermansfriend.com/en-gb/flavours/

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Ricola Original Herb Cough Drops (I think that’s it) and there’s a sugar free version. Good for colds and sore throats too.

Reactions: kitedoc

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, just about. Smooth line in the 4s overnight, which my blood calibration this morning confirmed, I like this! Had to turn the insulin tap off a bit for the day though, as I’m doing a lot of driving. My car is still not ready, so I’ve had to hire one in order to take my son to Oxford this afternoon :rolleyes: Now sitting at 6.2mmol.

Talking of driving, I’m going to apply to get my C1 and D1 categories back on my licence - the EU overturned the U.K. government’s blanket prohibition on insulin users driving big vans and minibuses a few years ago, if you can prove you’ve got good control. I need three months worth of two blood tests a day(with no missed ones), and a couple of medical reports. Fingers crossed. I’ve sent off for the application pack.

BTW, for those of you with a Libre prescription, Abbott will provide you with 50 BG test strips a month to use in the scanner. Just call them and give them a code that you get from the clinic you did your Libre training with.

Mildly concerned that when I went to the hospital to get my usual three months worth of pods at the clinic, they only had two months worth for me...

Hope you all have a lovely day ❤️

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone had the chance to look at this interview with Theresa May yet? I'm tied up at work at the moment so haven't watched it yet.

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/politics/part...-your-calls-on-lbc/?__twitter_impression=true

Thought I'd mention as it's been tweeted that she is asked about how it's affecting her bg levels, and, more importantly, insulin supply from EU

Screenshot_2018-11-16-12-18-42.png

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To continue her Geoff Boycott analogy she's on a sticky wicket and always was going to be, the 'leavers' were always going to say her deal wasn't good enough, of the 'remainers' half were already unhappy being forced to leave and the other half again would say the deal isn't good enough.

The thing is we only have one deal available to us, we either take it and suffer the consequences or we crash out the EU and suffer the consequences.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
To continue her Geoff Boycott analogy she's on a sticky wicket and always was going to be, the 'leavers' were always going to say her deal wasn't good enough, of the 'remainers' half were already unhappy being forced to leave and the other half again would say the deal isn't good enough.

The thing is we only have one deal available to us, we either take it and suffer the consequences or we crash out the EU and suffer the consequences.
I really think we’ll have another vote now, with the option to remain. I hope so, anyway. But that’s just me ;) Losing the reciprocal healthcare agreement will totally scupper our retirement plans to move to Portugal, as with my T1 and the husbands acquired brain injury, we’d never be able to afford to fund our healthcare.

Reactions: porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP We can't have gone through all this turmoil and cost these last 2 years and for it not to go ahead can we??? Bang goes the 390m a week to the NHS if there is no brexit..........

Another vote then - 3 tick boxes to choose - stick, twist or broke (not saying which ones which!) :playful:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In that LBC video she speaks at 13.35 about her diabetes.

I'm having a steady day but with a tendency to scan the wrong arm :p

Reactions: Knikki

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's going to be no deal. May's deal is absolutely barking. She's going to lose the support of the DUP, so has no working majority, the most recent polls show Tories on 33%, Labour 36%, which is a move from the high figures for both main parties, of 2017GE..

So because May's government becomes less stable, assuming she isn't removed, Labour are less likely to vote for her deal, because they want her government to collapse, and a general election.

So it's no deal. It should have been prepared for ages ago, but wasn't, but it's going to be no deal.

Another referendum is impossible, it has to get through parliament, and the convention is that referendum promises are in a manifesto, it's just not possible, then it would have to go through parliament, and then a date agreed, a long enough campaign, we will have long passed the March 2019 leaving date before the legislation is passed. It's nonsense.

So no deal it is

K

Knikki

Well I hope it isn't going to be a No Deal but well have to wait.

The problem is if you look at what's been happening over the past year or so, its not the case that the politicians have anyone interest other than there own and have been wanting to bring down May for some time.

Labour will never vote for it because they sniff the chance of an election and that's what they want.

DUP was always a wild card and again they want to be treated differently from what I can see.

An Wee Jimmy Cranky was rubbishing the draft at 6:45 yesterday morning when she had not even seen the draft and its 500 pages long and she had read all of it by that time? Really?

Boris wants to be PM it is all he is working towards, he is not interested in what happens with Brexit and Rees Moog well lets see what nanny has to say.

All in all those in power Brexit will affect very little because they will still have their big homes and good incomes no matter what happens while the rest of us pick up the bits and bobs.

Interesting times and will be interested to see what happens over the weekend.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Getting a bit political? no one here is stabbing anyone else here in the back or shouting each other down so that can't be political. Leave it to the professionals after all they all have whats best for the country at heart..........

.........can someone stop the roller coaster/merry go round? I want to get off.....................please!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All this talk of Deal or No Deal. Can someone please tell me what’s happened to Noel Edmonds.
Why isn’t he in charge anymore? I always found his banter with the banker to be hilarious .:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Getting a bit political? no one here is stabbing anyone else here in the back or shouting each other down so that can't be political. Leave it to the professionals after all they all have whats best for the country at heart..........

.........can someone stop the roller coaster/merry go round? I want to get off.....................please!

Interestingly on LBC the phone in comparison with Neville Chamberlain, who served (ironically as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from May 1937 to May 1940.

Oops sorry getting a little bit political.... ;)
Sounded like a tough gig..

image.jpeg

Just for the record. I never voted for any of this from the start..

Reactions: CranberryIce