What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
God morning everyone this great early winters morning 6.9 self inflicted did binge in sweets last night my character was week even did hide it from my daughter, today cooking birthday meal for my sister roasted pork red-kale and vinegar cucumbers potatoes and brown sauce , it’s her favourite food so maybe I’ll have a few potatoes then

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the lovely support @ianpspurs. I see great results when I eat fish but that is not practical on many levels for every day. Wish I had eaten a clementine now, missed my chance!
Fish works very well. The way I incorporate it into my diet is my almost daily mackerel and avocado salad (tin of mackerel in olive oil) My version does fill a family sized serving bowl:angelic:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.6 this morning

Daughter just checked hers and it was 8.0 bit of DP in her case though as she did not test till late. Still I find it cause for concern.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning

Daughter just checked hers and it was 8.0 bit of DP in her case though as she did not test till late. Still I find it cause for concern.
Hug is not for your reading but for the concern over daughter. Is she diabetic?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently the nurse has just broken her wrist. How rude! I bet she threw herself around the place when she saw my name on the patient list..

This made me laugh a lot. Hope all goes well today, I’m sure it will though if today’s fbg is anything to go by.

Reactions: Debandez

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Very blowy and wintery here.
Cup of coffee later it was 6.9 darn it!
Have put my new jumper on to cheer myself up - off to the Cornish Winter Fair today so feeling the countdown to Christmas beginning.
Have a lovely weekend all.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum congrats on low morning reading you must be thrilled.
5.0 for me with a lateish taking
Hope everyone has a brilliant weekend and good bgs. Dinner for friends planned this evening at ours with me cooking - will be lateish eating so will see what tomorrow brings!

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone 4.5 today woke up during the night feeling a bit low but I think I was only half awake as my vision was blurry feel asleep something that seemed like 30 seconds later but my Libre says I’m going low during the last two nights I had tweaked my insulin to 7 units but may have to reduce back to 6. Enjoy the weekend everyone

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 6 this morn and 6.0 yesterday. Evening fast not making much difference.
Overcast here, but will head out for a walk.
Worlds no 1 and 2 team playing rugby in the afternoon. Assume no 2 will get a good lesson on why the ABs are no 1.
Hope everyone is well, you BG plays ball, have a great Saturday.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hug is not for your reading but for the concern over daughter. Is she diabetic?
Her last HbA1c had her as borderline she is having another test next week doctor told her not to alter diet so as not to skew the result unfortunately she took that to mean eat plenty of carbs despite my protestations though I cooked a keto meal last night she still persists with crisps and chocolate and has sugar in her tea but I am slowly getting through to her that diabetes is something she can still avoid if she takes action now as mysgr app is predicting under 48 at the moment.

I gave her a meter bought her test strips and she is testing every day now.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope everyone has a brilliant weekend and good bgs. Dinner for friends planned this evening at ours with me cooking - will be lateish eating so will see what tomorrow brings!
Thanks @shelley262 I am still pondering what actually happened!
Have a great dinner with your friends. We are celebrating our son’s 24th birthday around kitchen table with Indian takeaway and copious wine. I will have tried and tested chicken tikka and cauliflower bhajee which will be a lovely treat.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meant to ask..What are you cooking?

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Her last HbA1c had her as borderline she is having another test next week doctor told her not to alter diet so as not to skew the result unfortunately she took that to mean eat plenty of carbs despite my protestations though I cooked a keto meal last night she still persists with crisps and chocolate and has sugar in her tea but I am slowly getting through to her that diabetes is something she can still avoid if she takes action now as mysgr app is predicting under 48 at the moment.

I gave her a meter bought her test strips and she is testing every day now.
What a top dad she has. Good man - but you knew that didn't you?

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...after driving 400 miles yesterday feeling surprisingly 'perky this morning (for now)...just finished the last of my Christmas shopping online...really can't bear the thought of trailing round the shops this time of year...must get ready & take Plumpy for a walk...maybe another coffee before I face the cold...woke to a 6.3 not surprising after a whole day on the road:hungover:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Very blowy and wintery here.
Cup of coffee later it was 6.9 darn it!
Have put my new jumper on to cheer myself up - off to the Cornish Winter Fair today so feeling the countdown to Christmas beginning.
Have a lovely weekend all.
Quite odd here in that we have wreath on front door but still picking raspberries and tomatoes. Don't start the #jumpergate again:banghead: @Bubbsie love the use of Plumpy. Online shopping is good - I loved using a personal shopper just letting Julie and the boys wander around with one and all I had to do was drink tea and coffee then sign:angelic:

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

not too bad outside, finishing sewing up a jersey I've just finished and I've still got one to sew up that I knitted during the summer, I'm really lazy at getting that job started, don't like doing it at all :( and I've promised myself I'll get them done. Might treat myself to a walk first.

Suzie, mum's little dog, had her haircut yesterday and she looks like a different dog. Hopefully it will mean being less mud caked when out walking :) (she does love muddy puddles). Here she is before - before it got out of hand that is ;)

suzie sm.jpg

Hope your day is going well :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Meant to ask..What are you cooking?
Enjoy your Indian tonight my fave is a celebration with family but close friends also very enjoyable too. These are friends from when our chaps were little I met one on the labour ward ! This is my chosen menu-
Starter halloumi chips - halloumi cutinto chip shapes, dipped in egg and then coated in a ground almond flour mixed with chilli, garlic, pepper etc to taste put in fridge and then fried when ready to sit down in a bit of ghee at high temp served with salad
Main beef - marinated in red wine last night - cooked in stock and wine in my instant pot at teatime and then kept warm served with roasted veggies - squash, celery and celeriac,- cauliflower cheese and roast pots cooked from frozen in hot goose fat ( prepared and frozen parboiled a few days ago hopefully to reduce carbs for in case experiment!)
Pudding low carb raspberry clafoutis served with cream or Greek yoghurt followed by cheese board for anyone still hungry!!
Bet I’ve made everyone hungry now!! Anyway lots of prep to do!