Fiasp in Medtronix pump

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Dear fellow pumper,

I have been pumping succesfully for a number of years now where my bloodsugars were perfect. But recently i am struggling where it keeps hanging around the 10/11 mmol. My basal rate has gone up and i need more bolus as well. Whether this has to do with the antibiotic i had a few weeks ago (Avelox which is not suitable for diabetics) or that i am starting to get more resistent to the current insulin i use in the pump which is Novorapid. Recently a new insulin was approved call Fiasp which works faster then the Novorapid. Is there anyone out there that moved from Novorapid to Fiasp or is experiencing the same as me with 10/11 mmol values through the day?

Djdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I just moved onto fiasp on pens while I'm waiting to start on the pump with fiasp in a few weeks! It's brilliant works so much faster I now inject after I have eaten that way I know exactly how much I have ate and moving to fiasp has taken away all the spikes I have had! Brilliant I'm so happy with it and the fact I don't need to worry about taking insulin 15 mins before eating and then not eating enough food and hypoing...brilliant...delighted

Reactions: CJOtter

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Thanks looks good. Hope it is available in ireland, usually we are 5 years behind

Reactions: FatCatAnna

LizLola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am. It works a treat. Very quick and injected just before a meal so you can change your mind - and it keeps my BS to about 7 after. In the morning I do a correction or sometimes a correction and a third of my b/fast dose before getting up and then the rest before breakfast which has cured my after breakfast hike up into the teens.

However something in it seems to irritate me so I have to change my site every 48 hours - small red, sore lump otherwise. It is basically Novorapid with other excipients added to increase its efficiency, so it won't alter your need for more insulin, you will still need it. My requirements have remained the same.

You are supposed to put its duration of action at 3 hours but 2 and a quarter match more in me so that is what i have set it at.

It has vitamin b added, that maybe what is irritant.

Reactions: FatCatAnna

FatCatAnna

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hmm, dishonest people that pretty well sums it up in a nutshell!
Dear fellow pumper,

I have been pumping successfully for a number of years now where my bloodsugars were perfect. But recently i am struggling where it keeps hanging around the 10/11 mmol. My basal rate has gone up and i need more bolus as well. Whether this has to do with the antibiotic i had a few weeks ago (Avelox which is not suitable for diabetics) or that i am starting to get more resistent to the current insulin i use in the pump which is Novorapid. Recently a new insulin was approved call Fiasp which works faster then the Novorapid. Is there anyone out there that moved from Novorapid to Fiasp or is experiencing the same as me with 10/11 mmol values through the day?

Miria - I've been using FIASP in my Animas Vibe now for a month. Have had good days and bad ... think I'll need to do a few basal tests (blah - on the overnight ones) - to figure out if my settings on pump with NovoRapid might have to be changed. I know when I was just using FIASP for my meal and corrections (and I was using NovoRapid in my pump for basal only) ... I was similar to LizLola above (and yes - I too changed my duration as well with FIASP).

I do get irritation when removing the infusion set after 3 days ... never had that with the NovoRapid - even if I left the infusion set in for abit longer (bad, bad, I'm a bad kitty).

It's just nice when it works out with the 2 minute before eating injection. I find so far, 20 minutes afterwards does **** all. I'm still experimenting with slow moving foods, and using my combo bolus settings. Keeping notes on what works when I remember. I'll continue with it until I see my endo next in August - who was dead set against my using it in the pump since their is no medical documentation of using it in our devices. Well, I'm a #diabadass ... and will never change as I grow up (had T1D since 1967 ... I refuse to grow up).

Here's something you might want to read if you've not come across it .... http://www.diabettech.com/faster-in...freedom-a-round-up-of-collective-experiences/

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I am. It works a treat. Very quick and injected just before a meal so you can change your mind - and it keeps my BS to about 7 after. In the morning I do a correction or sometimes a correction and a third of my b/fast dose before getting up and then the rest before breakfast which has cured my after breakfast hike up into the teens.

However something in it seems to irritate me so I have to change my site every 48 hours - small red, sore lump otherwise. It is basically Novorapid with other excipients added to increase its efficiency, so it won't alter your need for more insulin, you will still need it. My requirements have remained the same.

You are supposed to put its duration of action at 3 hours but 2 and a quarter match more in me so that is what i have set it at.

It has vitamin b added, that maybe what is irritant.
Reading a few above - I have been on fiasp for 2 months. I was told from the start that I had to change cannula every 48 hours and not longer or would get site problems.