What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel a bit like I Dodged a bullet this morning after a wonderful meal and an evening which ended in a fairly late night chocolate tasting session! Mind you lowest cocoa content was 80% and then up to 100% but I try not to usually eat after 7 in an evening so
5.1 is a very happy score this morning!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday today I’m out mid morning to coffee with a group of good friends which will be fun.
@Goonergal good to see you back on the forum hope work pace starts to calm down soon
@ianpspurs presume you’ve tried Hilo bread toasted? I’ve retried it last few days and enjoy it especially with egg.

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this chilly Sunday morning. Venturing to the swimming pool later on today. Probably won’t involve much actual swimming - having fun and playing around with giant inflatables in the pool classes as exercise right? :angelic:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 0800 so back to the usual. I behaved impeccably with the Indian t/a passing on the popadoms, onion bhajees, rice (obs) nan (also obs) and passedon the chocolate cake later. So if I could just eat a small bit of fish and 2 brocolli spears it seems I would be fine and just fade away...sigh!
Anyway more important issues...@Karen8967 sending hugs and hoping this trend stops soon for you. @Goonergal and @millenium welcome back both.
@ianpspurs the flaxseed “bread” (which you put me on to btw) is the most satisfactory of all for me though haven't tried toasting it but even have it on the side of a pile of creamy scrambled eggs and then you can eat it as if it was eggs on toast. Or the LivLife stands up well toasted and I keep bags of two slices in the freezer for such occasional use.
Have a great Sunday everyone, getting colder this week. Stay well, safe and hypo free.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel a bit like I Dodged a bullet this morning after a wonderful meal and an evening which ended in a fairly late night chocolate tasting session! Mind you lowest cocoa content was 80% and then up to 100% but I try not to usually eat after 7 in an evening so
5.1 is a very happy score this morning!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday today I’m out mid morning to coffee with a group of good friends which will be fun.
@Goonergal good to see you back on the forum hope work pace starts to calm down soon
@ianpspurs presume you’ve tried Hilo bread toasted? I’ve retried it last few days and enjoy it especially with egg.
I have read lots about Hilo but have never seen it - not very inclined to venture into certain supermarkets in search but thanks. Which supermarkets actually sell it - if it is only Tesco then it's out. @DJC3 I gave something a try today so we'll see. Numbers need to be significantly lower than trend with IF to make it worthwhile. Biggest issue is most LC breakfasts I would eat are so unfilling they are are waste of resources.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read lots about Hilo but have never seen it - not very inclined to venture into certain supermarkets in search but thanks. Which supermarkets actually sell it - if it is only Tesco then it's out. @DJC3 I gave something a try today so we'll see. Numbers need to be significantly lower than trend with IF to make it worthwhile. Biggest issue is most LC breakfasts I would eat are so unfilling they are are waste of resources.
Hi @ianpspurs it’s on sale in Sainsburys worth a try I think - OH says it’s not too far different to his Sainsbury’s multi seeded toasted when he did a taste test. It’s thicker than the livlife so I think toasts better. Worth a try if you are passing a Sainsburys. I toast it from frozen.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ianpspurs it’s on sale in Sainsburys worth a try I think - OH says it’s not too far different to his Sainsbury’s multi seeded toasted when he did a taste test. It’s thicker than the livlife so I think toasts better. Worth a try if you are passing a Sainsburys. I toast it from frozen.
Sounds good but absolutely no chance of passing a Sainsburys - would need to be a special trip to somewhere like Ely but could be done. Looked all round a Sainsburys in Southampton - a big one - but none in sight and staff just looked blank. Now 3 totally different approaches to breakfast/IF in a row have produced 6.4 whereas trend is around 5.3- 5.6 max - don't think those numbers can be right myself but can't prove it.

Reactions: Geoffno6

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds good but absolutely no chance of passing a Sainsburys - would need to be a special trip to Ely but could be done. Looked all round a Sainsburys in Southampton - a big one - but none in sight and staff just looked blank.
Think they don't get many in - you could always ring up unless going in to Ely anyway and ask if it is in stock - its classed as a superseeded wholemeal higher protein bread and lower in carbs on label but not a big display as they dont keep a huge stock. im having online delivery tommorow from sainsburys and hoping they deliver the two Ive ordered!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

Oops, hit the wrong button and posted unfinished :sorry:
Cold but bright this morning here in the North of Scotland. Woolly tights for me today I think ;) probably wrap myself and mum's wee dog up and go for a walk later :)

@ianpspurs I'm interested in your ongoing experiments, I have found that if I eat my main meal at lunchtime and don't have enough for supper my fbg is a bit higher next morning, and if I don't eat breakfast I tend to feel lighheaded. Skipping meals never used to bother me when I was carrying more weight. My fbg average has risen a bit now that I'm eating to maintain around my current weight level (still about BMI 26 but I'm not going to stress about the odd couple of kg's given where I started when diagnosed - BMI was about 60.5)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

Oops, hit the wrong button and posted unfinished :sorry:
Cold but bright this morning here in the North of Scotland. Woolly tights for me today I think ;) probably wrap myself and mum's wee dog up and go for a walk later :)

@ianpspurs I'm interested in your ongoing experiments, I have found that if I eat my main meal at lunchtime and don't have enough for supper my fbg is a bit higher next morning, and if I don't eat breakfast I tend to feel lighheaded. Skipping meals never used to bother me when I was carrying more weight. My fbg average has risen a bit now that I'm eating to maintain around my current weight level (still about BMI 26 but I'm not going to stress about the odd couple of kg's given where I started when diagnosed - BMI was about 60.5)
Thanks for the interest @geefull. The avatar is a new one taken yesterday and to my eyes that looks like a man who shouldn't lose more weight. How I solve this riddle is driving me nuts. I am already squashing my tastes in food to hold a bg level I think is too high anyhow. Nightmare. Today was avocado on Schneiderbrot LC bead with poached egg followed by 70 mins dog walk - same 6.4 as last 2 days - no food - whereas trend is 5.3-5.6 - that surely can't be right. High maybe but exactly the same number??

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heres my quote for today
FB_IMG_1542315551136.jpg

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Aw cumbs snap im blooming fed up with it although yesterday afternoon i had a 15.2 for no apparent reason but it dropped down fairly quickly to acceptible numbers take care my friend missed you on the thread last couple of days x

Aww Karen it’s just so unpredictable
I’m sorry that your having a rough time
Better times ahead let’s hope

Take care sweetie x

Geoffno6

Thanks for the interest @geefull. The avatar is a new one taken yesterday and to my eyes that looks like a man who shouldn't lose more weight. How I solve this riddle is driving me nuts. I am already squashing my tastes in food to hold a bg level I think is too high anyhow. Nightmare. Today was avocado on Schenierbrot LC bead with poached egg followed by 70 mins dog walk - same 6.4 as last 2 days - no food - whereas trend is 5.3-5.6 - that surely can't be right. High maybe but exactly the same number??

Those aren’t very big ‘andles Mr S. so any more weight loss probably isn’t a good idea. One little thing, if your body/liver has decided that it’d like your BG to be in the high 5s or 6’s and whatever you eat that’s where it’s going to be, might you be better relaxing the diet a tad (say 30 - 40g a day carbs) if you can show it doesn’t push it up more than a little bit? What’s the lesser of the evils, slightly higher BG or a very limited diet?