Type 2 iThrive From the depths of Diabetes and Obesity

cocobee.2017

You know I am finding it rather disheartening bothering to post here of late, people are so negative..You all are condemning the program before even watching the series...No wonder people are leaving this site
Please try not be disheartened or take this personally. We're all entitled to have an opinion, even when those opinions differ. How about we just agree to disagree.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh dear.. It's just another "What the health".... apparently by eating fat I'm making my insulin resistance worse... thankfully nobody told my body so my fasting insulin tests were ok...
I agree.
They are confusing injected insulin doesn't work as well with fat. That's how it's been synthesised for type 1s. New insulins are being made more targeted for type2s.
Fat with injected insulin slows its effectiveness and can cause delayed hypos. I find.
New basal is great but my body is becoming more tolerant to it at mo, maybe due to gallbladder problem.
I know some saying my 3.5st lost not excessive but to a hypothyroid sufferer and female hormone problem middle aged woman approaching menopause such a loss would be double in just a diabetic. Heart meds cause weight gain too and antidepressants/opiods. Loads aid weight gain for me so to lose any weight was a miracle. Low carb medium fat.
I feel excessive for a person with my health problems.
Even A&E doctors are amazed. I tell them how. ;)

truegrit 2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My word, on the first couple of pages of this post I have never seen so much negativity, what a bunch of whingeing old gits. It is a free series to watch, then you have the OPTION to purchase, if you don't want to buy it you remove your email access, simple. How many of you would spend all that time and money and effort making a documentary series and then give away your product free of charge to anyone who wanted to watch it before purchasing it? I guess you must all be in great health to be so flippant as to disregard the series because the trailer is "cheesy american" or you don't like one or two of the contributors, there could be some real nuggets of benefit in between, but like typical moaning negative Brits you have dismissed it out of hand.
Fellow Brit.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My word, on the first couple of pages of this post I have never seen so much negativity, what a bunch of whingeing old gits. It is a free series to watch, then you have the OPTION to purchase, if you don't want to buy it you remove your email access, simple. How many of you would spend all that time and money and effort making a documentary series and then give away your product free of charge to anyone who wanted to watch it before purchasing it? I guess you must all be in great health to be so flippant as to disregard the series because the trailer is "cheesy american" or you don't like one or two of the contributors, there could be some real nuggets of benefit in between, but like typical moaning negative Brits you have dismissed it out of hand.
Fellow Brit.

Not all that glitters is gold.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My word, on the first couple of pages of this post I have never seen so much negativity, what a bunch of whingeing old gits.
Not sure what you don't like? Some of us have watched part of it and have an opinion on it. Someone else asks for our opinion so we give it? Does that make us whingeing old gits or simply realistic?

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fellow Brit.

Is that how you go about your decision making then - from superficial impressions??? - Because some of us have based our considered opinions on what we've actually seen , and it didn't take me too long to decide it wasn't for me so I never chose to sign up for, never mind spend money on something that was of no interest to me. And that is my entitlement.

There are plenty of informative, accurate, and even free souces of information readily accessible on the web, so I can afford to be selective if I so wish.

Robbity

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fellow Brit.
It's amazing you join the forum just to insult us and whine about our attitude and negativity of which your post is full of in fact dare I say you are full of it and I don't mean grit.

wellperson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Missed the free view of episode 2 now they are asking for money... what a surprise!
I have watched 5 episodes now and find it very informative. I am type 2 and lost the weight on the Dukan diet, a low carb high meat diet. I have unfortunately have put a few kilos back on and my blood sugars are up. I don't take any drugs, but I am struggling to get the weight off again. I found the first 2 episodes too long and repetitive, but 3, 4 and 5 are very interesting, especially re high fat and long term consequences . I will watch all the episodes as it is well researched.. Listen to the two Type 1 people who use the High Carb, Low Fat, WHOLEFOOD diet before you judge...I am listening with an open mind before I judge.

Gillyc1

Type of diabetes
Carer
I watched episodes 1, 2, 7, 8 and 9. The final episode stressed veganism and plant based diet, also frequent water fasts. In fact they stated that meat eating was dangerous.
The hard sell was to purchase the entire docuseries of 9 episodes with the entire interviews as an extra ‘gift’. Also buy one get one free for a friend.
I was very disappointed with the advice but it may help some people.
I was also amazed at the transformation of Jon, the main character. It certainly seems to have worked for him.