What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Sausage, bacon, two egg yolks, tomatoes, mushrooms and half a slice of toast with butter - at cafe in village with sister and family
Dinner - Turkey and olives with sour cream and chive dip. Strawberries and cream.
Snacks - Three pieces of chocolate and nuts!

Been to see my 104 year old Great Auntie today. She is marvellous and lived in her own home until she was 96, but is not very well at the moment.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, hope you’ve had a lovely day. Mine was jolly good.

Breakfast 1/2 a DD breakfast sandwich ( 1 egg)
2x tea with almond milk.

Went to another Christmas fair and spent another small fortune. Wouldnt be so bad if it was all on presents, but a lot was for me! Lovely cheeses, coffee and artisan Cornish raspberry gin - not sweet like sloe gin, it’s heavenly and will be perfect with soda.

Got back and put a beef brisket in the IP and off on a lovely autumnal walk with daughter, a grandchild and dog while brisket stayed warm.
Had it with buttered cabbage when we got in.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Colder today but lovely sunshine especially for dog walk early(ish). Went to church, ate food, drank tea. All ok

Breakfast: - Tea : - 3 pints tea between 5/15 and 7-15; Schneiderbrot Protein bread toasted from frozen; smashed avocado with poached egg on top; dog walk
Dockey : Black coffee; more tea
Lunch : Very large avocado and mackerel salad with lots of chia seeds and tsp psyllium husk powder
Mid Afternoon: Tea
Evening meal: Roast turkey with 2 very big pigs in blankets; roast sprouts , cherry tomatoes; mushrooms; mayo; glass red ( I wanted to try Carmenere)

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@shelley262 -- Looks as if you had lots of fun last night. Dinner sounds delicious.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Three scrambled eggs with cheddar and okra. One and half glasses of red wine.

Snack: About 15g of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Lamb's lettuce with Caesar's dressing and parmesan. Chicken liver in pastis-mustard-cream sauce.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
No breakfast or lunch today - was meant to go swimming but my little girl has had a high temperature all day so in we stayed and the pre-xmas emptying her bedroom of any unused/broken/pieces missing toys commenced and took me all day.
Dinner - almost same as last night as needed to use up the meat so steak, 2x pork & leek sausages, roast peppers, tomatoes & mushrooms with Diane sauce

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Just finished catching up on a week’s worth of posts on this thread - you’re a prolific lot.

Too many meals to post a full history. Suffice to say that a large part of the week involved over eating - digestive system is still recovering from excess of flaxseed and nuts caused by over consumption of the double batch of CCBs I made for our Department away day and excess of nuts at the same event.

Friday and yesterday were OMAD and carnivore days - ribeye steak with garlic butter and a fried egg on Friday and beef short rib yesterday. Feeling hungrier today so had a bacon cheeseburger at Five Guys after walking football and dinner was Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich plus a small piece of smoked salmon followed by 65g salted almonds and a small portion of double cream mixed with Lidl cocoa.

@DJC3 - Hotel Chocolat have discontinued the boxes of tea and even the individual sachets are now only available in the branches that have a cafe attached. Showed great restraint today - went in search of tea and discovered their Nutty Yule Log - dark chocolate praline topped with almonds. 21.9g carb per 100g. Optimistically claims to serve 14 (or 1 hungry Londoner). Had it in my hands, but put it back and made a quick exit.

@Robbity didn’t know that Oppo do a raspberry flavour. Used to love raspberry ripple ice cream. Currently have 3 x large pots of chocolate and hazelnut flavour and 1 small tub vanilla languishing in the freezer.

@ianpspurs glad the wedding ring saga ended well. Must have been a worry.

@shelley262 meal with friends sounds great, especially chocolate tasting!

@Brunneria @ianpspurs @ziggy_w thanks for the ox cheek recommendations. Always on the lookout for new cuts of meat to try. Had ox tongue for the first time in years at my Dad’s last weekend and really enjoyed it.

@jayney27 well done on the restraint during your outing with colleague.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A cold but bright day, quiet morning at home then a little trip out this afternoon, my partner had to go to see a customer so I went along for the drive.
Coffee with cream when I woke
B 2 portobello mushrooms filled with little pigs in blankets, tomato, asparagus and topped with cheese, almond milk cappuccino
No lunch
Small pack of pork scratchings while I was in the car waiting
Almond milk cappuccino when I got home
D cold slices of roast gammon, some little seeded crisp bites, feta, tomato and pate glass of red

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
No breakfast or lunch today - was meant to go swimming but my little girl has had a high temperature all day so in we stayed and the pre-xmas emptying her bedroom of any unused/broken/pieces missing toys commenced and took me all day.
Dinner - almost same as last night as needed to use up the meat so steak, 2x pork & leek sausages, roast peppers, tomatoes & mushrooms with Diane sauce
Hope your little girl is feeling better x

Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Just finished catching up on a week’s worth of posts on this thread - you’re a prolific lot.

Too many meals to post a full history. Suffice to say that a large part of the week involved over eating - digestive system is still recovering from excess of flaxseed and nuts caused by over consumption of the double batch of CCBs I made for our Department away day and excess of nuts at the same event.

Friday and yesterday were OMAD and carnivore days - ribeye steak with garlic butter and a fried egg on Friday and beef short rib yesterday. Feeling hungrier today so had a bacon cheeseburger at Five Guys after walking football and dinner was Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich plus a small piece of smoked salmon followed by 65g salted almonds and a small portion of double cream mixed with Lidl cocoa.

@DJC3 - Hotel Chocolat have discontinued the boxes of tea and even the individual sachets are now only available in the branches that have a cafe attached. Showed great restraint today - went in search of tea and discovered their Nutty Yule Log - dark chocolate praline topped with almonds. 21.9g carb per 100g. Optimistically claims to serve 14 (or 1 hungry Londoner). Had it in my hands, but put it back and made a quick exit.

@Robbity didn’t know that Oppo do a raspberry flavour. Used to love raspberry ripple ice cream. Currently have 3 x large pots of chocolate and hazelnut flavour and 1 small tub vanilla languishing in the freezer.

@Brunneria @ianpspurs @ziggy_w thanks for the ox cheek recommendations. Always on the lookout for new cuts of meat to try. Had ox tongue for the first time in years at my Dad’s last weekend and really enjoyed it.

Hi, I hadn’t realised you had been absent as well, it’s a task, not for the faint hearted, trying to play catch up isn’t it?
Yes I’m very proud of the fact that I remained cool, calm and collected while I was away, my resolve came close to crumbling a couple of times but I hung tough lol

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh no! Terrible news about the teabags!
Oh my goodness that yule log sounds brilliant - amazing willpower to put it back, but I know exactly what you mean about their optimistic serving size - one bit would never be enough.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Sorry to hear your daughter’s ill, I hope she’ll be better tomorrow. The pre Christmas bedroom clear out must have been very satisfying though.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Emma_369 i remember those toy clear outs before Christmas hope she’s feeling ok for school in the morning.
@Goonergal good to have you back the hotel choc Yule log sounds dangerous! I may be going into brum on Wednesday so will take a peak at it!
@ianpspurs your menu today looks very good a very balanced nutritious set of meals
Woke up a bit late - wonder why! And in a rush as had morning coffee date plus still stuffed so skipped breakfast today which I rarely do these days
Lunch half slice of Hilo toast with fried egg
Mid pm a few nuts - doing major gutter cleaning a vile job so needed tea and nuts to keep going!
Dinner chicken and veggie curry and glass dry white wine followed by raspberry clafoutis with yoghurt
Avoided choc today after my chocolate fest late last night!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I hadn’t realised you had been absent as well, it’s a task, not for the faint hearted, trying to play catch up isn’t it?

Certainly is!

Oh no! Terrible news about the teabags!
Oh my goodness that yule log sounds brilliant - amazing willpower to put it back, but I know exactly what you mean about their optimistic serving size - one bit would never be enough.

It looks amazing too - tad on the expensive side. Might order one online and have it sent to my Dad’s for Christmas. That way it won’t get eaten in advance and he can help me out!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: chicken supreme with a small portion of peas and sweetcorn followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly is!

It looks amazing too - tad on the expensive side. Might order one online and have it sent to my Dad’s for Christmas. That way it won’t get eaten in advance and he can help me out!
dont know if you had this online or in store discount code
GIFT-WSTPHM7VH9
its 15 percent off and valid to 30th november
after looking at the log
https://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/dark-chocolate-yule-log.html
I now have to have one will use the discount when go into the store it brings back memories of the yule logs we used to have yum...... As you say though one for Christmas with others taking part in its consumption!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
dont know if you had this online or in store discount code
GIFT-WSTPHM7VH9
its 15 percent off and valid to 30th november
after looking at the log
https://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/dark-chocolate-yule-log.html
I now have to have one will use the discount when go into the store it brings back memories of the yule logs we used to have yum...... As you say though one for Christmas with others taking part in its consumption!

Thanks for the code. I feel an order coming on...

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear your daughter’s ill, I hope she’ll be better tomorrow. The pre Christmas bedroom clear out must have been very satisfying though.
Oh it really was. Exhausting, but very satisfying! Countdown to the tree going up now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Goonergal - I have no idea how long, but i think the cheeks will need a looooooong cook - slow cooker or low, slow oven would be my guess.