Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well if you go Braggie Park then Swithland woods is next door so to speak.
If you know where the Hallgates car park is at Bradgate ( it’s the one next to the reservoir at Cropston ) then you’re almost at Swithland woods. If you go by Hallgates on your left Swithland woods is 500 yds on the right.
Take care though. It’s very easy to lose your bearings once inside the woods. Have quite often had to direct people beck to the car park.

I think we did go there a couple of times - if it’s where I’m thinking it’s LOVELY! There are some steep hills to and from the car park and a very muddy stream for a cream coloured lab to get smelly in.

Timostags

You may also have had a surge from the overlapping of Lantus doses as it lasts for more than the 9 hours between your evening and morning injections.
I used to have a single daily dose 38u, then a couple of months back it was split into 2 as they thought it wasn't lasting the full 24 hours.
Then I reduced it to 2x 17u after buying libre and saw it bring my BG overnight.
Then my DSN changed it to 16+14 last week due to daily hypos and changed my bolus ratio from 8:1 to 10:1 and advised me not to correct to stop the hypos therefore give my BG consistency for them to work out dosages.

This isn't the first random drop I've noticed on the libre and think these are what's causing the hypos. It was fine today because I started at 10, if I was at 7 it would have been another hypo. I just don't understand what would cause it to drop like that?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow colanders, hope you are all well this beautiful Sunday.

Think I need to give my DSN a call as my BG are getting ridiculous now and have been for past 2 weeks or so. Overnight BG are rising, dawn phenomenon? and from when I get up until around lunchtime BG are very silly no matter how much insulin I take. I always pre bolus usually 20/30 mins before brekkie

I have now gone to a ratio of 1:3 from 1:4 and its making no difference. This morning had 2 small slices of toast 28 g of carbs, so took 9 units of Novoslow, plus a correction dose, which is a 1:1 ratio and 2 hours later my BG has risen from 10.1 to 13.7

From lunchtime until bedtime however it is usually not that bad and going into early hours it is fairly stable. I have upped my Levemir overnight by 15% from 22 units to 25 units but no difference.

Potentially i could be getting a pump at some point in new year all being well, so do I just leave as is or try something different, a different insulin maybe. Been on Levemir and Novoslow for about a year now
Sending hugs

Reactions: smc4761
K

Knikki

Afternoon from this sunny part of the world.

Well seems a few are having a bad Sunday so:

23vahp5.gif

Group hug all round.

Me? well started the day off OK started to spike and caught that which sent it crashing down, not helped by raking up all the leaves from the garden,, so had some lunch about 2hrs ago but as I was running LO or 2.4 did not inject, now a 4.6and going up so will catch that in about 30 minutes.

Bit inconvenient but not really bothered as I am doing naff all :)

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well, curiousity got the better of me, @Mel dCP , so I've just used your referral link to buy a miaomiao as a backup for if/when my betamax blucon glitches out, although the wee critter is still going strong after about 18 months.

I bought the mm, two charging cables as I'm an expert in losing stuff, and lots of the double sided plasters, so there's about 11 quid winging it's way to the valleys - spend it well, hopefully on a few red wines or some gin - slainte mhath!

Reactions: kitedoc

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland .....he is back late Monday evening......currently en route to Manchester for overnight stay at Salford Quays via Stratford upon Avon and Three Rivers Gin experience.....tomorrow is Royal Wedding experience at Windsor Castle followed by afternoon tea at posh London hotel.....for clients, not him....he does get around a bit....;)
...have got a nice piece of steak for dinner tonight....what about you?....

Roast Chicken minus the Yorkies

Been a lovely day up here

Have a good evening

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Slightly cold but sunny for this mornings dog walk, then spent the rest of the morning with my hand down the **** end of a drain - it’s well and truly blocked, the front garden only floods if it absolutely hammers it down, normal rain just seeps away but not via the drain!

BG hasn’t been too bad either, until about now, home made custard and not so home made apple strudel just consumed, obviously I’ve Bolus’d for it correctly o_O

See you on the other side.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip . Just another Sunday bro:):):).
Not sure about the strudel but the custard sounds good.
It sounds like the drain is only rainwater. Lucky in some respects I guess.
Unblocked a good few drains down the years with the majority being full of sh............ well you can probably guess.
Steady weekend here. Hitting the rear garden over the winter ready for mrs rower to do her thing next year.
Got rid of most of the gravel, was expecting soil , but oh no, I’ve now hit sand and millwaste and a **** plastic membrane.
Plan B.....A skip then take it from there.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning all a 10.2 this morning so going to run that off shortly, saw Fantastic Beasts last night - daughter got bored so sat next to a fidget monster.. would like to see Bohemian Raposdy @becca59 so enjoy your hubbys day and hope the films good.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and happy Monday y'all, 11.4 waking, pre bolussed and patiently waiting for it to drop, I was at 6.4 at bed time, 1 Weetabix & 1.5u for it so I'm a little displeased....

On a brighter note it's not raining :) and I've a visit to the clinic at some point to collect my Libre script so I'll have a chat about meds when I'm there.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterdays apple strudel was a bit of a disaster BG wise, but the home made custard was good! Anyway I must have corrected correctly as I was 6.7 this morning.

Yes @therower was a rain water drain so wasn't as unpleasant as it could of been. I'm not sure if the pipe's collapsed or what or where it joins the main sewer if at all! Maybe time to start digging.

K

Knikki

YYAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNNNN Morning all

Straight line last night in the greens which was not bad after lamb shoulder and followed by Chocolate fudge cake with ice cream was expecting to be in double figures but no got it right and woke at 6.8.

So at the moment I'm happy and now one thing say 5.7 the other thing says LO and bloods say 6.2, so case of "pick a card any card" and go with it ~sigh~

Coffee and Iggy Pop on the radio.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Not a lot happened the weekend, well apart from the grand daughters 3rd birtjhday party....cake mmmm BUT BGs went a wee bit high, easuily corrected with multiple correction doses (4 of!).
This Libre is constantly 3 points lower than BGs, so thanks to Xdrip and calibrations it is pretty smaxk on :). Its doing my estimated HBA1c good on the LibreLink thou....46! Will be amazed if it is that, will know on 3rd December

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. Fabulous gig last night, Madame behaved impeccably after a complicated combo bolus for tandoori king prawns (1.5u over 2 hours) and a vegetable vindaloo (1.7u up front in one dollop). One alarm in the night when I dropped a little to 3.8, but that wa quickly dealt with by a dex tab and a half hour suspend on the pod. I’m almost thinking I’ve got the hang of this, so expect it to go cats up imminently.

Very dull week planned after the rock and rollness of the weekend, I’ve not done two gigs on the trot for a while. At least they were local, the weekend after next I’ve got one in Liverpool and then one the following night in Birmingham! Got a lump of paperwork to do today, and some engraving and bangle making - so some gentle sheddery will be nice. Business has been very quiet, so it’s glod to have some work on.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning fellow colanders, hope you are all well this beautiful Sunday.

Think I need to give my DSN a call as my BG are getting ridiculous now and have been for past 2 weeks or so. Overnight BG are rising, dawn phenomenon? and from when I get up until around lunchtime BG are very silly no matter how much insulin I take. I always pre bolus usually 20/30 mins before brekkie

I have now gone to a ratio of 1:3 from 1:4 and its making no difference. This morning had 2 small slices of toast 28 g of carbs, so took 9 units of Novoslow, plus a correction dose, which is a 1:1 ratio and 2 hours later my BG has risen from 10.1 to 13.7

From lunchtime until bedtime however it is usually not that bad and going into early hours it is fairly stable. I have upped my Levemir overnight by 15% from 22 units to 25 units but no difference.

Potentially i could be getting a pump at some point in new year all being well, so do I just leave as is or try something different, a different insulin maybe. Been on Levemir and Novoslow for about a year now
Hi @smc4761, So usual check done? insulin not been frozen or overheated (> 30 degrees C)? Any reason for insulin being less effective ? carbs up ?: symptoms of infection ? sniffles, cough, fever, sore tooth, shin infection?: injections into same area repeatedly which affects reliability of absorption?, increased stress or worry ? (and worry about rising, unresponsive BSLs to insulin counts as well)!!
I must admit I could not see much change in my BSLs unless, having excluded the above causes, I increased whatever seemed the appropriate insulin doses by at least 20 to 25%.
Please see what your DN advises. :):):)

Reactions: Cumberland