Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
5.3 for me which is not that odd.

What is is that last night I had 5 digestives basically to see what happens. 50g high sugar carbs.

Bloods last night jumped nearly 2 points in 40 min and was dropping after an hour.

The weird bit is this morning I feel rubbish. My sleep was bad I was up for a p and I feel slow and irritable with no get up and go. Odd.

Edit. Might start testing food at 45 and 90 mins. Looks like my blood acts pretty quickly so it may be all over bar the showers at 2h.

Last edited:

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
5.2 again.

With a little more exercise I might get into the 4's properly instead of the odd day.

Certainly my pre evening meal bg is a solid 4.4. Have cleared out 95% of the sweet/carb elements in my diet now.

According to the mysugr app my av bg is down to 4.9. Yay.

Vivien34

My reading at G.P. in July was 41. I have been on the low carb diet since June & had a fasting finger prick test done at the local Lloyds pharmacy last week which was 4.9. How does that equate to the Dr's reading?
I have also lost a stone & a half on the "diet" . I wish I had known about the link between carbs & blood sugar years ago.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
In isolation the reading is meaningless. You need to record your food and get your own meter to check your own blood to see what's happening. Then the numbers will have meaning.
41 is low on the scale. Always worth seeing if you can bring it down.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
5.2 again.

I have found I can cheat. If I do the test as soon as the alarm goes I'm in the 4's.

It would appear my liver is very happy running at 5.2. Yesterday I ate practically nothing and through the day I was still around 5.5.