Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
OUCH!!!! That could be VERY painful. And I dont want anything like that piled up around my front door :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Nor me, I’d rather have flowers, intriguing though.

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @kitedoc , all good with the insulin, feeling OK etc. Change the needle every time inject in different area each time so doing everything right as far as i know. Annoyingly its only from around 3 am until just after lunchtime. rest of the time BG are usually within range.

And of course went to bed last night with a 8.7 and had a perfectly flat night overnight, waking to a slight dip to 7.9 when i got up this morning

I have upped my ratio in morning to 1:3 which seems really high but made no difference spike wise. My 7.9 this morning had risen to 13.1 2.5 hours later. However it has now dropped back to 7.2, just before lunch which is where I expected it to be sort of ish

All i want is a bit of consistency, but being type 1 thats never gonna happen:arghh::arghh:
I’ve heard of consistency, but it never applies to me!

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Juicyj go see Bohemian Rhapsody, absolutely ace. Fantastic casting for all the group.

Really excellent film, so I second this - saw it a couple of weeks ago. See if you can spot the song they play on tour a few years before it was actually released. There's a few mistakes like that throughout but it's the movies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Reactions: porl69

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@kitedoc - saw this and thought of you!

View attachment 29622

I need a goth reindeer in my life!

@helensaramay - they say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results. T1 is doing the same thing over and again and getting different results...
Thank you @Mel dCP ! What a cute critter they are! Nah, not a hateful cell in their body. And just staying in the middle of an Aussie city is far more dangerous than the Aussie outback due to the motorists !!
The worst I have seen are: Canoeing and a red bellied black snake swam up to a nearby person in a kayak and proceeded to slither over the front bow and on its way, and me visiting a bush garden and having a 7 foot kangaroo stalk me.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning my pancreatically challenged chums

Well that was the absolute night from hell. It had started so well, woke yesterday to a decent BG, had my usual spike 2.5 hours later before settling back to 7.1 at lunchtime. All afternoon and all evening stayed mainly 5--7 range before going to bed at 10.30 with a nice 5.7

Could not get to sleep and at 11 oclock thought this dont feel right. Sure enough 3.2 on finger test, oops so made coffee and 2 sugars and a couple of small biscuits. Back to bed to lie down at 11.20 something defo not right, sat up feeling a bit sick,checked BG 2.6 OOOOOOOps

Back down had a small glass of coke, which I drank slowly as feeling a bit sick and sure enough 2 minutes later, huge and I mean huge technicolour yawn, sick absolutley everywhere.

I am now panicing would the sugars have been absorbed yet or are they all now down toilet pan. Quick check of BG and its now 2.8. Grab a handful of jelly beans which i chew very slowly and go for lie down. Actually feeling better now.

Woke at 1.30 and BG now 4.1, had couple of jelly beans and eventually woke to 6.2 this morning

Never want to go through that again. What to take if you have been sick and going low very quickly. Think I may need to consider a glucagon injection?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning my pancreatically challenged chums

Well that was the absolute night from hell. It had started so well, woke yesterday to a decent BG, had my usual spike 2.5 hours later before settling back to 7.1 at lunchtime. All afternoon and all evening stayed mainly 5--7 range before going to bed at 10.30 with a nice 5.7

Could not get to sleep and at 11 oclock thought this dont feel right. Sure enough 3.2 on finger test, oops so made coffee and 2 sugars and a couple of small biscuits. Back to bed to lie down at 11.20 something defo not right, sat up feeling a bit sick,checked BG 2.6 OOOOOOOps

Back down had a small glass of coke, which I drank slowly as feeling a bit sick and sure enough 2 minutes later, huge and I mean huge technicolour yawn, sick absolutley everywhere.

I am now panicing would the sugars have been absorbed yet or are they all now down toilet pan. Quick check of BG and its now 2.8. Grab a handful of jelly beans which i chew very slowly and go for lie down. Actually feeling better now.

Woke at 1.30 and BG now 4.1, had couple of jelly beans and eventually woke to 6.2 this morning

Never want to go through that again. What to take if you have been sick and going low very quickly. Think I may need to consider a glucagon injection?
Poor you @smc4761 Hope you're feeling OK this morning. I dropped to 2.7 yesterday, felt cold and munched on 3 fruit pastilles and 1 hr later up to 4.8. How about changing the sweets?

Reactions: CranberryIce

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, an 8.6 waking from a 2am correction up at 16, ho hum, the rain's lashing down so I'm going to be a little idle I think, I'm certainly having second thoughts about Tresiba but will aim to discuss this at the clinic shortly.

Reactions: hh1 and porl69
K

Knikki

@SueJB I now have London Calling by the Clash going round me noggin :D

Morning...

All rather fine today on the old BSL front.:)

So today I will be mostly trying to create square, cuboid or rhomboid poop! :woot:

Reactions: kev-w and Diakat

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@SueJB I now have London Calling by the Clash going round me noggin :D

Morning...

All rather fine today on the old BSL front.:)

So today I will be mostly trying to create square, cuboid or rhomboid poop! :woot:
PLEASE no pictures if you succeed :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

4.4 on waking this morning (and straight line thru the night). Although Libre scan saying Lo all night.....would have called this one in by now BUT Xdrip calibration is saving the day (and this sensor)