SD Code Free Strips Batch no. S0318075.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On a separate thread recently there were several reports of this batch of test strips reading higher than others. I was about to start this batch so parallel tested them with the last few strips from my previous batch (no. S0318028) These were my results:

Batch no. S0318028/S0318075.
5.3/6.3
5.3/5.6
5.6/6.6
5.3/5.3
4.9/5.7

I sent these results to Home Health, mentioning that several people had mentioned this problem on a forum. I got a reply this morning saying that they are going to run some more tests on all recent batches to see if they can duplicate the problem we are having. I’ll get back to you all when I hear back.

Edited for clarification.
Second edit to correct batch number in question. Thanks @Goonergal for pointing that out. Even as a mod I can’t edit the title :banghead:
Edit again to thank DCUKMod for sorting out the title for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for doing that.

I'm having issues with batch no S0318075

Will be interested to see what they say. In future I think I will always start a new batch before the old one is finished to allow for such comparisons. I am still experimenting with the Codefree vs Caresens. Might send the results through to Home Health, although to date the Caresens is higher. Think inconsistency between the same brand is much more relevant.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Rachel for doing this. Home Health is excellent on this sort of thing. When several of us did the same thing a couple or 3 years ago, they fell over themselves to sort it out, even contacted the manufacturer in Korea (I think it is Korea, could be somewhere else!) The main man at the time even did cross checks on himself - and he isn't a diabetic!

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Rachox ! I have tubs of this batch of strips only so nothing to compare against, and have my HBA1C test coming up in two days, so you've just answered my related question, which was: What kind of difference in readings have people been getting on the rogue strips compared to others?

I know you can't cram/panic do things for an HBA1C test, but I may (!) have been testing a lot more frequently recently than normal and wondering whether I could trust any number my meter threw at me, as they've all been a bit higher than my normal - but not so much higher I'd immediately think something odd was happening.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Of course @Rachox all those tests fall under the +/- 15% tolerance - so I'd be amazed if the company says anything different. Although agree as has been seen by many on this forum that batch does appear to provide results on the higher side of 'acceptable' put it that way.

Edit to add after reading bluetit1802 post, wow! lets wait and see then!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for doing that.

I'm having issues with batch no S0318075

Will be interested to see what they say. In future I think I will always start a new batch before the old one is finished to allow for such comparisons. I am still experimenting with the Codefree vs Caresens. Might send the results through to Home Health, although to date the Caresens is higher. Think inconsistency between the same brand is much more relevant.

Edited for clarity.
Oh thanks I meant S0318075. I’ll try to edit.

Reactions: CranberryIce

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DCUKMod can you help me out and correct the Batch no. in the title of my thread to S0318075 please?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of course @Rachox all those tests fall under the +/- 15% tolerance - so I'd be amazed if the company says anything different. Although agree as has been seen by many on this forum that batch does appear to provide results on the higher side of 'acceptable' put it that way.

Maths isn’t my strong point but I think that 3 of those 5 comparison readings are above the 15% tolerance?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course @Rachox

Last time, Home Health provided me with data sheets of all their tests, and all the comparison tests the manufacturer conducted. I was also asked to do comparison tests myself and submit the findings. For this they sent me 10 boxes for free. The conclusion they came to was the batch could well have been shipped half way across the world in inclement weather. They came up with no other explanation but were full of apologies. I wish I had kept all these data sheets.

D

Deleted member 308541

Even as a mod I can’t edit the title :banghead:

Edit again to thank DCUKMod for sorting out the title for me!
I can edit the titles in the threads I start, I wonder why you can't.

The ability to do this is in Thread Tools / Edit Title.

cNyQw2j.png

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can edit the titles in the threads I start, I wonder why you can't.

The ability to do this is in Thread Tools / Edit Title.

cNyQw2j.png
Indeed! I have discovered that since, but thanks for pointing it out.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Watching this with interest, @Rachox, as my new order started on yesterday is from that batch.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My newest batch also from that one.. I seem to be seeing a few more rogue readings. This morning got FBG of 6.2 which I thought was a bit high.. retested and 5.4...will monitor..

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had the following reply from Home Health:

“I have run a series of re-checks on this LOT against 5 other LOTs to see if there was a large variance but from my tests, the rersults were very consistent between different LOTs. I performed a total of 45 tests; 3 from each of the 5 LOTs against medium control solution, high control solution and post-food blood. I have attacehd the results here.

As you can see, there is very little difference between LOTs. The consistency within each LOT is very good as well.

So I am not sure why you have experienced these problems, but the fact that you are an experienced user and that others have reported the same issue is concerning.

It is always possible that some tubs have a few rogue strips that give an odd reading. Maybe this LOT has a few tubs that have a higher proprtion of erroneous strips?

Unfortunately it is very difficult for us to pick this up. I have now reported this to the manufacturer for them to investigate further and will let you know what they find.

In the meantime, what I would like to do is to send you another 10 tubs of strips from a different LOT. I would be very grateful if you could test these alongside S0318075 and let me know how you get on.

I am very sorry for problems you have had but please rest assured we will do everything we can to get to the bottom of it.

F99975DF-1641-4E59-9B4F-AC8A69E68E2B.jpeg

Reactions: Prem51 and Debandez

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That is very similar to what they said to me in 2015. At the very least, you have got your 10 free tubs and they are concerned enough to contact the manufacturer.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Bluetit1802 can you dig out their response from 2015 at all?, would be 'interesting' to see how similar the responses are.........

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802 can you dig out their response from 2015 at all?, would be 'interesting' to see how similar the responses are.........

I only have the PDF file the manufacturer produced and I don't know how to post it. Can you help? I only have the basic Adobe reader.