Freaking out

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi everyone,
So I’ve just been made aware of the shortage of reservoirs that Medtronic is experiencing. I have one reservoir left and the woman on the phone has told me to ask my hospital about my back up plan. Well I’m 23 weeks pregnant and resistance is kicking in already I’ve been struggling these last two weeks and now I’m to find out I may need to go back onto MDI until I can get my reservoirs. She put me on a priority list but cannot tell me when I will get them. So yeah I’m freaking out. How can they do this? It’s absolutely crazy

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Luckily I have a hospital appointment tomorrow anyway, how likely are they to put me onto a different pump? Or am I just dreaming lol?:hilarious:

D

Deleted Account

My hospital has some spare pump supplies so they may be able to give you some to tide you over until Medtronic sorts out their supplies.
I would expect putting you on another pump is less likely although it may depend on the age of your pump - the NHS (assuming you are in the UK) has budgeted for your existing pump and if they gave you another, they would have to pay for that. They cannot just give you pump to someone else once the reservoirs are available again.
I could be wrong though!

Fingers crossed your hospital can sort it out.

Reactions: myarnton1

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you! @helensaramay
My hospital are usually pretty good at having spares, it’s just I’m thinking well if everyone has run out and have asked the hospital they may not have any left, I’m not sure. I’m just panicking, really don’t want to go back on MDI, even if it is only for a few days or weeks, I’ve worked so so hard to be where I am to have the healthiest pregnancy I can x