What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian I am so frustrated on your behalf. Unless you are coming down with something it makes no sense to me. Unless you are getting your self over stressed. Hope things improve for you. Sending hugs.
Thanks @PenguinMum definitley NOT stressed today and not especially worried about that number - just not sure whether to throw meters and strips away or stop testing for a while. Even heart rate and hrs slept are good to go. I am not very trusting but I guess I need to trust the usual numbers come back in December.
Edited: to make sure the NOT was clear

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone 5.1 today but I’ve had a terrible headache all day yesterday and today from a bad hypo yesterday hopefully it clears up as I’m meant to be going Christmas shopping with my aunt this afternoon

Reactions: Fenn and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum definitley stressed today and not especially worried about that number - just not sure whether to throw meters and strips away or stop testing for a while. Even heart rate and hrs slept are good to go. I am not very trusting but I guess I need to trust the usual numbers come back in December.
If you use Codefree @Rachox has a thread about faulty batch of strips. I am not experienced or confident enough to comment on whether to stop testing for a while. Can only send more hugs!

Reactions: Canvaspic

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tested - fasted for 12-13 hrs - meter wants me to believe a 7. Somewhere along the line something is very wrong - meter, strips, body, diet or all of them. I can eat Panettone and be surprised at that level. Only silver lining is I am not type 1 so no need for insulin corrections.
Sending hugs for your frustrations! I’m ready to throw my meter up the wall and that’s only after a few days of annoying readings!

Reactions: Fenn and SaskiaKC

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ianpspurs

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi all, I've just had two days with 6.8 morning readings. I have 2 different meters and both give the same unexpected results. They are unexpected as I'm eating the same, my activity is much the same and yet my fasting sugar levels are rising. I've began to cut back on the coffee, down to one cup of fantastic Portuguese expresso a day. Yesterday I thought I'd go cold turkey but it was too much . For now I can stop drinking coffee in the house and "allow" myself one when I'm out. My sympathies are with Ian. Its too weird when one doesn't fully understand the situation and cant say for sure which is the best way forward. In any event my blood pressure is good, my temperature is normal my O2 levels are a little low so it might be a chest infection ?

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

3.9 today

bit unexpected that bg reading, I got a flu jab yesterday and the general consensus seems to be that the flu jab puts the bg up :( woke up with a stiff neck and a slightly hot arm so perhaps there is time for the rise yet ;)

chilly, wet and windy here this morning. not a prospect of delight for a walk. I think it's going to be a mainly indoor day today.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

3.9 today

bit unexpected that bg reading, I got a flu jab yesterday and the general consensus seems to be that the flu jab puts the bg up :( woke up with a stiff neck and a slightly hot arm so perhaps there is time for the rise yet ;)

chilly, wet and windy here this morning. not a prospect of delight for a walk. I think it's going to be a mainly indoor day today.

Hope your day is treating you well :)
Winner for bg reading but hug for stiff neck and hot arm. (No doubt Mr G thinks all of you is hot - and I am sure he is right)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you use Codefree @Rachox has a thread about faulty batch of strips. I am not experienced or confident enough to comment on whether to stop testing for a while. Can only send more hugs!
Ha. Bought a Codefree earlier in the year to compare but saw the comments on reliability/variability and decided the last thing I need in my life is more confusion:banghead:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning my lovelies, FBG 9.0 at 7.30am and despite a carb free egg n bacon breakfast and just walking a mile in the sunshine and cold, my liver has decided 10.6 is where I’ll be at 10.15am
If you ate and then walked you have 2 sources of stress/bg rise. I have always expected bg rises after exercise and waited an hour or so after before assessing levels. Your mileage may vary as the cool dudes say.

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A nice 5.5 this morning then reached 17.4 and been around that mark pretty much most of this week - the flu - don't know which way I'm going!

Reactions: Prem51

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, my numbers this morning match the weather, horrible a 14.7, I went to bed on a 4.7! Can some one stop the Train? I want to get off, another day of playing catch the monkey, or putting the genie back in the bottle. Diabetes does nothing other than make us determined.

Take care everyone.
Sending hugs john

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Im having the opposite john loads of lows done a few basal tests and they was all fine must be this weather (moving more to keep warm haha)
My readings are up and down for no discernable reason, probably just because they can!! And on a more positive note "Winter is Here" ;)

Reactions: philchap1

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Just tested - fasted for 12-13 hrs - meter wants me to believe a 7. Somewhere along the line something is very wrong - meter, strips, body, diet or all of them. I can eat Panettone and be surprised at that level. Only silver lining is I am not type 1 so no need for insulin corrections.
Do you have another meter as a control.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Prem51 and @shelley262
Thanks for your posts about the halloumi chips. They look and sound delicious.

No FBG test for me this morning. I'm saving strips. Doc has canceled my appointment again so I've decided to just wait 'til the new year and then decide whether to try again or find a new doctor.

Reactions: trick60 and heavyd

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon all. 6 first thing and 6.9 now before lunch.
Almost no-one is happy with their BG today, hugs all round with special mention to those who are experiencing hypos or the aftermath. Hope things settle down for everyone.
Dank cold here and spitting rain, will try to fit in a walk in the next while.
Be safe.