Watches for Miao Miao

CR741

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey all,

Simple question really, not had a smartwatch before and was just wondering what watches you would reccomed to get your readings from the Miao Miao libre transmitter?

I have an iPhone, and have seen lots use the Apple iwatch, however I notice the readings go to the phone first and then from the phone to the watch. Does anyone find connection issues are a problem especially when the phone can’t be so close to the watch, or is this not normally an issue?

Does anyone find it more useful to have a watch where the readings go straight to the watch without going via the phone first? Does anyone know the few watches that do this? Would a Fitbit work?

It seems you can scan via your phone anyway so you can get the readings on your phone even if it doesn’t go via your phone to get to the watch?

Many thanks,
CR741

Last edited:
K

Knikki

I'm not familiar with phone / watch products from the shiny fruit farm but I would have thought it would depend on the setting in the App which at a guess would be Spike?.

I use Android (green bin thing) with a Ticwatch that both use Wear OS this I use in conjunction with xDrip and there is a setting which forces the watch to connect to MiaoMiao and by pass the phone. When they are both close then they both pick up the same readings :)

Thinking about it, I'll tag @Mel dCP because she uses shiny fruit farm stuff with a Pebble Watch and might be able to add something more useful than me. I'm sure there others just not sure who :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LooperCat

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I am using a ticwatch E, works well but run it through my phone, you may be best asking on the miao miao facebook page

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
There aren’t any watches complatoble with iPhone that don’t need the phone as an intermediary like there are with Android, sadly. I use an original Pebble and a Pebble Steel with mine.

pablogarrone

There aren’t any watches complatoble with iPhone that don’t need the phone as an intermediary like there are with Android, sadly. I use an original Pebble and a Pebble Steel with mine.
Can you use miao miao without a smartwatch?
I have an iphone and I would like to buy a smartwatch that can connect directly to miao miao without the need to have the iphone all the time. Which are the best options?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Can you use miao miao without a smartwatch?
I have an iphone and I would like to buy a smartwatch that can connect directly to miao miao without the need to have the iphone all the time. Which are the best options?
Not with iPhone, no. You need the phone within Bluetooth range for a watch. I believe there are some Samsung options, but I don’t know much more than that.

Reactions: masonbason63

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For iPhone/Spike App you have choice from Apple Watches, Fitbit Versa/Ionic, Pebble watches and I believe Garmin watch.

Connie’s Dad

I'm not familiar with phone / watch products from the shiny fruit farm but I would have thought it would depend on the setting in the App which at a guess would be Spike?.

I use Android (green bin thing) with a Ticwatch that both use Wear OS this I use in conjunction with xDrip and there is a setting which forces the watch to connect to MiaoMiao and by pass the phone. When they are both close then they both pick up the same readings :)

Thinking about it, I'll tag @Mel dCP because she uses shiny fruit farm stuff with a Pebble Watch and might be able to add something more useful than me. I'm sure there others just not sure who :)

I’ve got a ticwatch e2. I have xDrip on my daughters Samsung phone and the watch. What and where are the settings that allow the watch to work independently from the phone? Each time I try I seem to loose signal.

I’ve tried Miao Miao Facebook page but no joy so far!

geroleary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
For iPhone/Spike App you have choice from Apple Watches, Fitbit Versa/Ionic, Pebble watches and I believe Garmin watch.

Hi there wondering could you offer any sdvice. Daughter is type 1 got her a miao miao yesyerday. Have it working on her iPhone through tomato soup and on mind through messenger. She has a fit bit versa and thought it might work on this but not sure if it does. Looking for help and advice if you can.
Thanks
G o leary