Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only prescription paracetamol has changed, all the other stuff is unchanged, as far as I can tell it has not got any sugary carbs in that.

Paracetamol is metabolised by the liver though, so maybe that’s where the change is happening? More ( or less, don’t know if your prescription increased or decreased) liver activity needed for the paracetamol. A bit like alcohol - when I drink in the evening my fbg is lower as I assume my liver is too busy dealing with the alcohol to dump much glucose.
No idea if this is the case but its a thought.

Reactions: bigjim19

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9. Had a very carb laden lunch and very little exercise except for driving which I’m sure doesn’t cut the mustard. Now been called out to babysit as Grandson has a slightly raised temperature.
Hope your little person feels better soon x

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning ...4.8 @ 0626 .. first in the fours for a while ...does a day working hard in the cold and sometimes torrential rain help to lower blood sugars? if so i would do it in moderation!
have a good day all..............
Don’t think I will join you in the cold and rain even for the giddy delights of a 4 ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a beautiful looking day out there, down here in the tropics of england

i scored a dismal 6.8 this am..
AND despite eating less food yesterday then normal, i put on a 1 lb...

today can only get better..:headphone:

enjoy yours people.

Reactions: Prem51 and bigjim19

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully today is drier not sure it’s warmer though, very misty and murky here today.
better day completly opposite of yesterday.. stunning sunset and full moon rising at same time @4 15...

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
better day completly opposite of yesterday.. stunning sunset and full moon rising at same time @4 15...
Absolutely freezing here, heavy rain shower late morning and early afternoon, glad to be home and in the warm now.

D

Deleted member 308541

Paracetamol is metabolised by the liver though, so maybe that’s where the change is happening? More ( or less, don’t know if your prescription increased or decreased) liver activity needed for the paracetamol. A bit like alcohol - when I drink in the evening my fbg is lower as I assume my liver is too busy dealing with the alcohol to dump much glucose.
No idea if this is the case but its a thought.
I have had the strength and doseage of the paracetamol increased, so it could well be the cause of my higher readings. I will try and do with out them for a while and see if they are the problem.

Reactions: DJC3 and bigjim19