Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 @karen8967 knew exactly what she was saying..................

porl69 hope you've managed to dress yourself properly now & 'enjoy' the roller coaster ride........:sorry:

8.8 last night, 10.0 this morning :arghh:, followed by another low mid morning, twice on the trot now - work days I do normally dip mid morning but I do like to have an excuse for a snack so I'm ok with this but last to days the drop has been quite sudden and much lower than normal, if it happens again tomorrow I'll be making changes.
Who me im sure i dont know what you mean....

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good day friends

Went to see the puppies last night and nearly decided to take two

But we’re gonna stick with one

IMG_1542889002.448109.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Mel dCP A purple nail shouldn't be much to worry about, I lost a toenail last year after doing a charity walk, grew back fine, I think if your control is good as it is then there shouldn't be an issue, the polish could of stained the nail ?
I did think that, but looking at it in daylight, there’s a tinge of a creamy colour under there too. The little toenail on the other foot has the same colouring too. I’d have thought that if it was going to stain one, it would have stained them all? It’s not a new one, I’ve been using it for a while on and off. I’ve phoned the DN for advice, am awaiting a call back.
@Mel dCP the toe could be due to lots of walking - wonder if it was caused by the march and you haven't been able to see it till now? When I played tennis regularly (back in the Dark Ages) 'black toe' was something some players got caused by your big toe banging against the end of your shoe, and I found out last week that it's not uncommon in runners.
It’s only appeared in the last week, and I’ve done s*d all, so I don’t think it’s that.

Overslept hideously this morning, but had a smooth night. Application pack for my lorry and bus provisional driving licence has arrived, so I have to religiously do two bloods a day for three months. I always do one first thing, to calibrate my system, and as I drive most days, I do one then as well. Just got to make sure I don’t miss one, or I’ll have to start again!

Not much to report BG wise, quick blip from my high alarm at 6am, so a little correction brought that down to target. Should have got up then, really :rolleyes:

Husband home from work as he’s had a bad vertigo attack, he gets them occasionally since he had viral encephalitis a few years ago. So living room is dark and I can’t see to sew...

Update: DN rang whilst I was typing this, she wants to see me tomorrow. Can’t fault that.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s only appeared in the last week, and I’ve done s*d all, so I don’t think it’s that.

Were you not doing CPR compression's and no doubt knelt over a re-sus-Anne giving it some? (enough to worry about your dodgy shoulder) You'd be amazed at how much other parts of the body work when doing something completely different from the norm.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diagnosed with a viral throat infection yesterday (no fun at all) and today nausea has kicked in so all in all feeling very run down :(

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It’s a time of group physical misery, except for you indecently healthy ones, so big hugs for all who need them.
Yesterday the wretched knee felt easier so after a short practise drive on Tuesday I drove the 30 mile round trip to meet some old and dear friends, happy!
Woken by very sorely poorly knee in the night but 6.6. Then it climbed, and climbed, lots of corrections and grrrrr, a UTI. Drive and hobbled to the surgery, drove and hobbled to the pharmacy and fingers crossed the antibiotics hit the B on the head.

Timostags

I've gone a full week without a hypo!!! Since my DSN cut both basal and bolus and told me to not correct a high.

The bad news is my average BG has been about 13 and libre shows I'm above that at least 50% of the day so in 1 week my predicted hba1c has gone from 42 to 52.

The basal seems really good when fasting it stays within 1 mmol. I think the bolus is close, but needs to be slightly higher, but I am going to leave it until I have my follow up appointment in a few weeks.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Evening teabags, currently waiting for a 3.7 to come up, had a hectic day with my first responder training so not been around. Woke up on a reported 5.5, but did a blood to find it was 8.5... sensor in its last few days, and I’m not sure I can rely on it. Recalibrated to the blood reading, and have spent the day trying to get back into range, but it’s the start of resistance week, isn’t it. Switched my basal program to cover that, just got in into the high sixes, did bloods to check and that has me at 3.7 :banghead: So I really don’t know I I’ve been high all day or not! Libre scanner puts me as being in range all day so am a bit baffled. Everything says I’m in the threes now though, sometimes I really hate T1... still got 0.3u IOB, from all the corrections today.
Oooh feel the not knowing @Mel dCP though don't have all your tech stuff and the idea of calibrating and recalibrating sends shudders to the udders!!
3.4 as a bizarre start for me, off to London and wacked up to a stonking 12.2 and I'd only eaten chicken slices and olives for lunch, so why? I agree it's baffling. Then call me weird but fazed as madam BG plummeted to 3.6 at 6pm. Well, I admit I did a bit of stuffing to defend myself, couple of fruit pastilles to get me across the underground. Mainline burger, no bun. Home at a slightly high number of 8.9. Didn't feel weird, just threatened.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Made it through my meeting, hopefully appear my interested that the customer did ... sometimes I wonder why they bother turning up.
The meeting was at 1pm, it takes about 75 minutes to drive there, I aimed to arrive at 12:30 but didn't make it until 12:45 thanks to being waylaid just outside the door by an ex-colleague. Therefore, I ate lunch at 4pm. My colleagues spoke enough to hide my rumbling tummy and I didn't have to worry about miscalculating my bolus.

@Cumberland I think you have a cruel streak if you are considering splitting up those two best friends. They clearly want to be together.

Oh please don’t say that x guilt guilt guilt

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An unusual day for me, a fairly flat line, that flat in fact I skipped swimming so's not to upset it :)
So now I'm head scratching, I've had a sore gum and think as I've not increased basal as I would have done with lantus I've caused my problems, well I hope so as tbh I was starting to sulk with Tresiba for the last few days :)
See what the morning brings....