xDrip to Nightscout

Connie’s Dad

Need a bit of help. I’ve managed to set up a Miao Miao device on a freesty libre.
This is now reading to xDrip app on my daughters phone.

But . I can’t get the data to the Nightscout site. Not sure what I need to enter on this page:
IMG_4440.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4440.jpg
    IMG_4440.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 554

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Need a bit of help. I’ve managed to set up a Miao Miao device on a freesty libre.
This is now reading to xDrip app on my daughters phone.

But . I can’t get the data to the Nightscout site. Not sure what I need to enter on this page: View attachment 29665

Hi, @Connie's Dad , I'll tag in @tim2000s and @Mel dCP , who are both pretty clued up on linking xdrip up with nightscout.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for the tag, but I only use Spike :( No idea about the Android side of things.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I am almost sure you can install Nightscout on your phones, I know I had it on my Iphone

Connie’s Dad

Thanks. I’ll try that when I get home tonight.

If this works I should see data being populated when I open Nightscout site on my pc?

My next challenge is then to get my wife’s phone - xDrip android and mine Spike iPhone to get the data from Nightscout.

Any more help welcome!

It worked! Both reading the libre continuously remotely!

Reactions: tim2000s

Saundie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I think I have set up nightscout but I wonder if anyone can advise as to how you set followers up on xDrip & nightscout.
The URL I may have incorrect. I put in https://
(Then my herokuapp.com/API/VI). But my nightscout says no such url.
Can anyone advise of the process for setting someone up as a follower by this method? Thanks so much :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi, I think I have set up nightscout but I wonder if anyone can advise as to how you set followers up on xDrip & nightscout.
The URL I may have incorrect. I put in https://
(Then my herokuapp.com/API/VI). But my nightscout says no such url.
Can anyone advise of the process for setting someone up as a follower by this method? Thanks so much :)
Your Nightscout address would be https://yourname.herokuapp.com - I don’t think you need the other stuff.

Reactions: Saundie

Saundie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. I am afraid I am so not tech savvy. Does anyone know of an alternative app or way other than nightscout to add someone as a follower for my xDrip (using Libre with Blucon currently but in January will switch to DexCom G6.). Also, I don't have a compatible cellphone for the official DexCom app but found the other build for DexCom. Can you run the unofficial DexCom app on a thrifty cell or do you need a certain type of cell? Tried to use follower instructions from YouTube however I use Android and my husband uses iPhone so xDrip won't work for him to follow. Maybe spike will work but not sure if you can have an Apple phone follow blood sugars from Android? Sorry, I am a little baffled. Thanks for any guidance. It is so appreciated :)