What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yoga in Devon? You'll be known as mystic Deb:angelic: I was going to do Pilates until the form asked if I was flexible. I said I couldn't do Wednesdays:angelic:

Haha very good! You should give it a go though - it’s vg for core strength and might help your back.
Ps I’m in Cornwall - even wetter and windier than Devon.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning. It's Thanksgiving Day here and I've got two parades to watch on TV, one in NYC and the other in Chicago. And National Velvet at 10:00. It's 8 degrees outside and sunny, and at 4:30 this morning there was a lovely full moon outside my window.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here my quote for today
FB_IMG_1542809363006.jpg

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
6.9 this morning. That'll do nicely. Must be the almond keto bread I am eating. Hope everyone is having a good day, very cold here and I am a bit whacked out with the heart trouble. Had a little snooze this afternoon - that was nice (must have been tired, missed all the political stuff on the TV).

Lizzie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, you should test immediately on getting up. Taking a shower or any other activity will make your BG go up. :)
That is really interesting. Mine is sometimes over 6 which is very odd but I don't test until I’ve washed or showered, dressed and done my hair. I was beginning to think it was something to do with my toothpaste. Now I know.

This site is SO useful, thank you all

Lizzie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.9 this morning. That'll do nicely. Must be the almond keto bread I am eating. Hope everyone is having a good day, very cold here and I am a bit whacked out with the heart trouble. Had a little snooze this afternoon - that was nice (must have been tired, missed all the political stuff on the TV).
10.3 at 6.45am :(

I've only been testing for just about 2 weeks. I was denied a meter/strips and discouraged from testing ! No medication (yet, but will be I'm told) still waiting to attend DESMOND.

i had 2 Ryvita with cheese and 2 digestives at 10pm.

This is the highest morning reading yet.

I'm discovering that I can't even eat a little something 9- 10pm anymore with my readings being about min 7.5 and 9.5 in the mornings :cry: I have no clue what to do as I'm sometimes at the gym so don't get home until 8.30pm...
Do

I worked out which food spiked my blood sugar by testing before every meal then 1.5-2 hours after the meal. I had to buy my own blood sugar meter though.
I made a little spreadsheet and wrote down everything I ate (absolutely no snacking between meals) then I eliminated everything that spiked my blood. I discovered it was anything that involved grain which was a blow as t meant eliminating my favourite oat bran breakfast muffins.
Now I have a two egg omelette with either mushrooms, blueberries or occasionally a mashed up very ripe banana in it. Plus half a pink grapefruit, a pile of pills and a cup of tea. My inspiration came from a book called How to Reverse you ur Diabetes by Dr David Cavan. Must admit I need to read it again as things I ought not to be eating are creeping back int my diet but if yyou u do that you should be able to sort yourself out. I could never eat Ryvitas or digestive biscuits.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So, I’ve got to work and had delivered 4 new batches of strips (I like to bulk order!) out of curiosity I’ve tried my BG with a new strip, now and it’s 4.6 - tried with an old strip 6.7. So I’ve opened every new pot of strips and tried a test from each and apart from having slightly sore fingers they were all 4.4-4.7. So I’m now thinking my 4 days of unusually, unexplainably (for me) high readings is down to one stupid pot of strips as surely more likely that the one pot is wrong than all four of the new ones?

I usually find that my opened pot of strips increase the readings slightly towards the end of a pot. I’ve never questioned it but always test last strip against first strip and first strip is always lower, I assumed air contamination so never really worried about it m

Reactions: Freema