Type 2 Meal replacement shakes

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone found any meal replacement shakes that are low carb and sugar ? If so how did it effect blood sugar and what kind of weight loss results I want to have one meal replacement drink a day. Just don't know which one is diabetic friendly

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rather than having the meal replacement you could always just miss out the meal.. intermittent fasting has been key to me getting blood sugar under control.

Reactions: ShyLily

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I have personal experience of people I know using the Tesco ultra slim shakes and losing a lot of weight and coming off T2 meds -- they are 26 carbs per shake ( including milk ) but are most useful when combined with a calorie controlled diet ( 800 cal per day)
each shake is 202 cal.

hope this helps

Reactions: ShyLily

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have personal experience of people I know using the Tesco ultra slim shakes and losing a lot of weight and coming off T2 meds -- they are 26 carbs per shake ( including milk ) but are most useful when combined with a calorie controlled diet ( 800 cal per day)
each shake is 202 cal.

hope this helps

Ok cool thanks

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rather than having the meal replacement you could always just miss out the meal.. intermittent fasting has been key to me getting blood sugar under control.

That's what I do now but I find if I don't eat properly I over eat in the evening LOL

Iban

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
each shake is 202 cal.

hope this helps
Thanks, himtoo. You answered my question before I asked it. Going to try this asp.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow - 26 carbs per shake - that's about 3/4 of my day's allowance - far too much.

Reactions: Robbity

annie07

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
each shake is 202 cal.

hope this helps

I lost 2 stone using the Tesco Ultraslim shakes. Instead of milk which leads to 26g carbs per shake, I use almond milk and 45ml cream to keep the calorie content the same but it halves the carbs.

Reactions: himtoo

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What shake do you recommend, resurgem?
I am also A1c 43 and 100kg. Trying to reach 80Kg
i believe that it is the carbs which make us fat in the first place - I tried low calorie, low fat for decades, and it never worked.
Personally I am sticking to 40 gm of carbs a day and eating only twice - in the mornings I am more insulin resistant so I have something quite low carb - no carb didn't work, I need to have about 10 gm of carbs in a morning so tend to have an omelette or left over meat or a tin of tuna with a stir fry or salad.
In the evening I have a meal with vegetables and a couple of times a week berries and cream - otherwise sugar free jelly.
At the moment I am not losing weight, but I am shrinking in size - and I am trying to regain muscle lost when on a high carb diet and trying to keep my weight down - unsuccessfully.
I really would not go for shakes, as I think that eating a low carb diet is a lot better for me - being 67 years old I really want to keep up my stamina and strength for as long as possible.