Made this yesterday and

D

Deleted Account

Looks lovely but as a baker, I could never call that bread.
It looks more like a big scone ... pronounced however you wish - I may be a bread purist but scones are scones regardless of the pronunciation.

I take my bread purism from the German beer adage "Bier ist Brot" because both include only water, cereal and yeast. And, I guess, neither are low carb.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks delicious, more like cheesy cake but I’ll be bookmarking that one :hungry:

Hotpepper20000

Is there any reason why it is in a skillet rather than a baking dish?
The instructions mention that the skillet needs to be heated before putting the batter in.
And in comment section one person said that in a pan the middle didn’t cook through.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks more like a big scone ... pronounced however you wish - I may be a bread purist but scones are scones regardless of the pronunciation.

I take my bread purism from the German beer adage "Bier ist Brot" because both include only water, cereal and yeast. And, I guess, neither are low carb.

I add a little caraway to my Ryes but in general, totally agree.
:)

Reactions: Kim Possible

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like cake and what has it got on the top in the picture it looks like marmalade and a dollop of cream.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like cake and what has it got on the top in the picture it looks like marmalade and a dollop of cream.
It has butter on top. The 'marmalade' colour is, I'm guessing, from the cheese.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Next time I make it I will put more cheese on top. John can't resist it, he had it for breakfast this morning and lunch yesterday.

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Maltz und hopfen Gott in Himmel Halten!

Reactions: Kim Possible