What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like you’ve got a wonderful weekend ahead! Enjoy!
Big problem. Saturday is the party BUT England Aus rugby then Spurs Chelsea just when party is planned. Apparently I a) need to drive some folks and b) must be there. Just wondering about cost of taxis and mystery 24 hr bug - is stopping me watching sport unreasonable behaviour legally or just in my opinion?:angelic:

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been thinking that, bit slow on the uptake, considering I am nervous for the outcome on Sunday. Glad you are on the case :)

Have you heard of Headspace? It’s a sort of guided meditation app. Just 10 mins a day. I’ve found it very helpful at stressful times of my life and I know @shelley262 swears by it for bringing bgs down. Might be worth a go.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Big problem. Saturday is the party BUT England Aus rugby then Spurs Chelsea just when party is planned. Apparently I a) need to drive some folks and b) must be there. Just wondering about cost of taxis and mystery 24 hr bug - is stopping me watching sport unreasonable behaviour legally or just in my opinion?:angelic:

Offer to stump up for a taxi - it’s what Mr C always does then everyone’s happy.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Didn't get to post yesterday. So readings for the last two days were 5.3 and 5.2.

@Emma_369 -- Glad to see that the higher readings were due to some dodgy strips. Must have been frustrating though.
@ianpspurs -- Your readings seem to be much more reasonable during the last two days. Well done.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you heard of Headspace? It’s a sort of guided meditation app. Just 10 mins a day. I’ve found it very helpful at stressful times of my life and I know @shelley262 swears by it for bringing bgs down. Might be worth a go.
will give it a go, weigh in tomorrow morning so hopefully the nerves have helped me shed a few pounds ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Offer to stump up for a taxi - it’s what Mr C always does then everyone’s happy.
Will run into 3 figures easily. I think all the boys use our BT and Sky Sport apps/subs so will watch on phones tablets etc. Won't do anything about the sheer number of girls/women though. This will be like a taster for the bittersweet times ahead:arghh:

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Didn't get to post yesterday. So readings for the last two days were 5.3 and 5.2.

@Emma_369 -- Glad to see that the higher readings were due to some dodgy strips. Must have been frustrating though.
@ianpspurs -- Your readings seem to be much more reasonable during the last two days. Well done.
Today is an average though. I have given up atm. Fascinatingly, last night was just me, the dogs and chickens (not indoors) big log fire, NFL and bourbon. Longest and least disturbed sleep almost forever. Explains plenty but not helpful.:arghh:

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Nice mild start here. 5.294339623 today - I just put in the average since October as couldn't be bothered with conniptions involved with testing and seeing numbers I don't believe. Next 3 days will be like Christmas here anyhow. 2 granddaughters from Southampton sleeping here for first time later, whole tribe at grandson's 6th birthday tomorrow and all my boys plus grandchildren ( I'm counting the one in progress) for Sunday dinner for first time ever.
Nice average !

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also add in extra sessions if things are very stressful and bgs going up. I definitely know stress drives up my bgs so lowering it brings it down - won’t be same for everyone though. Caring is a stressful balancing act and interestingly I’m doing an extra course on balance at the moment that really is enjoyable. I always do 10 mins minimum stress buster session a day but there are stress busting sessions 2 minute only for when life very very busy.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice average !
Way too precise looking for how this actually works. I believe there is an old crone inside the glucometer playing with entrails and seeing numbers she projects onto the screen, About as much chance of telling me what is really going on.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
will give it a go, weigh in tomorrow morning so hopefully the nerves have helped me shed a few pounds ;)
If you do don’t sign up just do the free 10 sessions to work out if it’s worth it for you it’s not for everyone so don’t commit until you’ve trialled it. You keep the free 10 sessions even if you don’t take out a subscription.

Reactions: johnpol

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon all. 5.9 today and 6.3 yesterday. Must try harder.
Just back from doc with bloods done, report should be back wed. MySugr is about 2 points higher than last, so expecting about 39...we shall see.
Timely share about headspace, i am going to look into that. If it brings a 0.1 or 0.2 improvement in BG it would be worth it. Its bound to help with sleep and stress. Didnt read all the posts, so i hope people are well. Hope your BG is peachy...have a great day.