Novorapid and Lantas??

bjones1927

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on both of these since I was diagnosed 11 years ago, but I am been changed to a new one next week!
Yeah I was diagnosed 11 years ago 2 days ago, was on the syringe thing for about 2 years then been on them ever since

bjones1927

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

That makes two of us...

Any issues with the Lantus?
No not really I just read that others are on different types and don't often hear people using lantus but it's all I've ever known really

bjones1927

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on Novorapid and Lantus since diagnosis a few years back with no problems whatsoever.

As Jaylee says, basal seems to be the key. If you can get that right, the Novorapid does the rest a treat. I've reduced my basal by half this year, and still rarely have to use fast acting through the day. Novorapid seems to take around 3 hours to cycle through rather than the advertised 2 hours. Also the Lantus seems to run out of steam around 18 to 20 hours making the evening meal dose of Novorapid a bit higher than any daytime ratio.

I did ask for a change to Fiasp at my last review, but as my GP pointed out, the Novo and Lantus is working perfectly, so why mess around.
Yeah no point messing if you're doing good. Think I just worry I'm not up to date as been on it pretty much 10 years and never been given any other option and never really comes up when I see the nurse