Pump Choice

Dema_92

Hey guys,

My pump (Animas Vibe) is coming to the end of its warranty period :( I have been offered the choice of either a Medtronic 640g or a Omnipod.

I am just looking around and see what people say about the Omnipods.

I have been on a tubed pump for 8 years and I know what I can, can't and shouldn't do :) I was looking on people experience on the following:

- vigorous exercise (crossfit/weightlifting)
- vigorous chilling out (sauna/hot tub/steam room)
-sleep and pressure on the infusion sites.

Thanks everyone ;)

Sal

Reactions: Saskia and kitedoc

sweetbloodsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cilantro, liver, rudeness, cruelty, impatience, prejudice, hatred. kale
Hey, Sal. I've had an omnipod for a month. You can swim with it, but they recommend against taking it in the jacuzzi. I recently tried it by applying the pod to the back of my arm and keeping that arm above the water, but it wasn't easy...lol. I like that you can shower with the pod. Good luck.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for the tag :)

I’ve been using Omnipod for just over three months but can’t answer your first two questions as I don’t do rhose things. However, sleeping isn’t a problem, even when lying directly on it - but I do have a very good memory foam mattress, so it doesn’t dig in.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi Sal

been on omnipod for 3 years -- but unfortunately i don't do the first 2 items

as far as sleeping goes i havent had any issues with pressure on the infusion site

if i could suggest you check out Instagram -- there are a few peeps using omnipod that do loads of exercise ( weight lifting and long distance running etc )

Dema_92

Thank you all who have answered so far it was really appreciated, I have a snoop around on the internet and I think I am more inclined (I'd say 75% sure) I will go for a Omnipod. :)

Other experiences are still more than welcome :)

Thanks again :)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you all who have answered so far it was really appreciated, I have a snoop around on the internet and I think I am more inclined (I'd say 75% sure) I will go for a Omnipod. :)

Other experiences are still more than welcome :)

Thanks again :)
hi there-- my reply was pretty vague .... sorry.... try willrun4insulin , and running_diabetes on insta -- they're awesome

Dema_92

hi there-- my reply was pretty vague .... sorry.... try willrun4insulin , and running_diabetes on insta -- they're awesome
Nope it was absolutely fine, I went and looked at the #omnipod on IG, found some amazing people showing things I was interested in :) didn't think about that at all.

So thanks so much

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Nope it was absolutely fine, I went and looked at the #omnipod on IG, found some amazing people showing things I was interested in :) didn't think about that at all.

So thanks so much
awww thats fabulous --- hope you have found the things you need to help make your decision