2.4 Hypo

JoGo13

Still fairly new to this (diagnosed just under 2 weeks ago) although I've had a few hypo's over the past few years and it took that long for docs to listen. I had one last night where my bm dropped to 2.4. I went to bed early (about 9pm...very unusual for me) but woke up about an hour later due to noisy neighbours upstairs. I shouted at them to shut up and almost immediately I started to feel ropey so knew what was coming. Did bm and it was 2.4. I've never felt that ill in a long time, sweat pouring off me and shaking and all that. It took nearly a whole pack of glucose tablets, Haribo and a little can of coke to start feeling a bit better. Ate some toast after and fell asleep on the sofa lol. I feel exhausted today, even up until now. Is it normal to feel so tired and lethargic this long after? And can adrenaline play a part in hypo's? (I'm pretty certain it does now).

Pol_Ie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Broccoli
Wow that's a lot of sugar to treat a hypo....what was your reading when you woke up the next morning ? I got a 1.9 the other week but that was very rare. Hope you're feeling better

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Still fairly new to this (diagnosed just under 2 weeks ago) although I've had a few hypo's over the past few years and it took that long for docs to listen. I had one last night where my bm dropped to 2.4. I went to bed early (about 9pm...very unusual for me) but woke up about an hour later due to noisy neighbours upstairs. I shouted at them to shut up and almost immediately I started to feel ropey so knew what was coming. Did bm and it was 2.4. I've never felt that ill in a long time, sweat pouring off me and shaking and all that. It took nearly a whole pack of glucose tablets, Haribo and a little can of coke to start feeling a bit better. Ate some toast after and fell asleep on the sofa lol. I feel exhausted today, even up until now. Is it normal to feel so tired and lethargic this long after? And can adrenaline play a part in hypo's? (I'm pretty certain it does now).

Have you been diagnosed?
What type?
I see you've posted really high BG readings,
What meds are you on?

Hope you are feeling better.

JoGo13

Have you been diagnosed?
What type?
I see you've posted really high BG readings,
What meds are you on?

Hope you are feeling better.
Thanks. My doctors records say type 2 but hospital has me down as type 1 so my diabetes community nurse hasn't a clue lol. I do the Novorapid injections 3 times a day before meals and Abasaglar at night.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. My doctors records say type 2 but hospital has me down as type 1 so my diabetes community nurse hasn't a clue lol. I do the Novorapid injections 3 times a day before meals and Abasaglar at night.

Hi,

A little confused with your first post & the one I quote above.. How long have you been prescribed insulin?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @JoGo13, Could we backpedal a bit? You mentioned having hypos some years ago - how do you know? ? Glucose meter readings? Symptoms? Any tests like having a sweet drink and then blood tests every hour for ? 3 ? longer hours ?? What was your diagnosis back then? Was insulin in the blood measured?
How did your doctor come to diagnose you as Type 2 diabetic and then reclassify you as Type ! ? ? blood tests like C peptide? Antibody tests?
How long have you been on insulin? Is this the first hypo-type reaction since being on insulin injections?
And have you discussed this reaction with your nurse so that some preventive action can be taken to prevent a repeat of it?
Apologies for all the questions, just that the clearer the facts at a confusing time for you like this the easier it might be to get to the crux of the problem. Best Wishes, and please get some advice from your nurse pronto, preferably before tonight.:):)