Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Well that was a pointless exercise really, perhaps I’m just expecting too much, like reading my notes before hand. :wacky:
What happened??
Well I said I wanted to try fiasp, when I had my last cgm on I concentrated on breakfast and insulin timing purely because that’s my most regulated meal, sure enough prebolusing 10-15 mins gave me a much flatter bg profile - response was well carry on prebolusing, why do they say to use diasend when they don’t actually use it? He said he probably couldn’t remember his password - fortunately I had it accessible on my tablet, on to statins, I’m concerned some of my aches and pains might be attributed to them, basically that was a no apparently but at least he agreed in the end to do a blood test, except when the consultation was over all the nursing staff had gone home so have to arrange to have have bloods taken at my GP, that’s another battle and further time away from work, he had no idea how long I’ve been T1 nor about my kidney condition (unrelated to the d, and actually picked up when first dx’d) embarrassing when he mentions protein in urine, when in my notes it says all about it and all the investigations that went with it mind you that’s not the first time this has happened especially when you never see the same person twice.

Hey ho! Grumble over.
I sometimes wonder if anything is written down in our notes!!! Saying that my notes are like the Brittania Encyclopedia lol

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been sick a couple of days. BS have been normal but woke up today at 20.8 after going to bed on a normal 6.4 changed my set, gave extra insulin, ketones at 2.2 so lil bit extra on top and just waiting to retest in a couple hours!!! Not a great start to the day :(

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Been sick a couple of days. BS have been normal but woke up today at 20.8 after going to bed on a normal 6.4 changed my set, gave extra insulin, ketones at 2.2 so lil bit extra on top and just waiting to retest in a couple hours!!! Not a great start to the day :(

Oh dear
Sending hugs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

((((( hug ))))

Reactions: Cumberland

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oooh its horrible when you are feeling icky. Hope ketones are under control now and BG getting back to normal. Hugs

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon. Absolutely persisting it down here in South Wales and cold to go with it.
BG this morning 9.9 so small correction dose with breakfast and at 11am alarms going off hypo!! 3.8 and falling fast. I am not coming down with anything, pen is working fine....oh the joys lol

Sending hugs @Nicola M

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon. Absolutely persisting it down here in South Wales and cold to go with it.
BG this morning 9.9 so small correction dose with breakfast and at 11am alarms going off hypo!! 3.8 and falling fast. I am not coming down with anything, pen is working fine....oh the joys lol

Sending hugs @Nicola M
Bucketing it down here in liverpool too although wind has died down

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just cold wet and windy and DARK (I think someone forgot to tell the sun to get up this morning even if it was hidden behind clouds) here in Oxford.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Sending hugs @Nicola M

Yep it's persistently raining here as well, dark and cold too, I'm so happy I am home warm and dry. I had a hypo too, 2.4 not long ago :oops: and feeling a wee bit tired, yawn.
Oh the joy's :rolleyes: how are you feeling now ?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yep it's persistently raining here as well, dark and cold too, I'm so happy I am home warm and dry. I had a hypo too, 2.4 not long ago :oops: and feeling a wee bit tired, yawn.
Oh the joy's :rolleyes: how are you feeling now ?
Really tired....still in work. Its pretty quiet so hoping the boss (my brother) sends us home early

K

Knikki

Yep raining up here as well.

As @helensaramay had one of those "trusting the tech last night" I did the same at lunch :hilarious: quiet a spectacular 2.3 before it said LO but then the bloods said 3.1 :rolleyes::***:.

So lunch and an after meal injection, then a Costa Latte and all is well with the world:)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are all doing well with hypos today, so it would be rude not to have one as well. Only nearly a hypo though for me BG dropping fast and caught it on Libre at 4.1, for me that is low, I prefer to be around 6/7.

Same up here in Scotlandshire, very dark damp and a tad windy. Storm Diana on its way for tonight and tomorrow, stay safe folks

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Group hypo struck here today too after dog walking this afternoon. Managed to find a gap in the torrential rain we've had in Somerset and puddled around in the mud and up the hill quite briskly so I guess that's the reason - too hideous a day to hang about.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah hypo mid afternoon too - put that down to the unexpected brisk walk into town.