What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone. Stormy weather has kicked in here to be sure but cosy and warm inside tonight.
B: scrambled egg, avocado and smoked salmon. Coffee & cream.
L: The corned beef cheesy, eggy, thingy with half a chopped chilli. Mr C fancied a corned beef sandwich for lunch so that’s what he got but he looked longingly at my plate so I’ve said I’ll make it for him tomorrow ( if he behaves)
D: Chicken Kiev with crumb made of the leftover bits in half used bags in my cupboard - turned out to be pork scratchings, milled flaxseed, little bit of almond flour and a little bit of parmesan. Worked v well. Served with asparagus and cabbage, both cooked in butter. 2 glasses red wine ( bottle left over from weekend away, looking lonely)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: ziggy_w

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hilo toast and butter
Lunch - Bresaola, applewood cheese slice, tomatoes, cucumber, olives. Strawberries and cream. Two squares of Montezuma ,
Dinner - Chicken, bacon and mushrooms in a mushroom sauce, sprouts, green beans and carrots.

Still hungry.....it's the weather:rolleyes:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t see why not. Almost tried that or a casserole dish as my skillet is really a bit too big for the oven - had to balance it on the edge of the oven shelf to fit it in, so mine wasn’t totally evenly cooked as the batter shifted towards one side. The recipe calls for the skillet to be heated in advance but no reason why you couldn’t do that with a cake tin. It’s very tasty!
I made mine in a large dish type pan, I have a set of ingenious pans, the ones with the detachable handle, I heated it with the butter as per the recipe and then added the batter mix, it rose beautifully and slid out really easily.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Hope good day had by all despite the seriously yucky cold, misty wet weather - well it was in West Midlands, felt like early evening all day long!
Breakfast one slice of Hilo toast and fried egg
Lunch cheese and nuts plus sliver of 85% choc
Dinner wild salmon, hollandaise sauce and squash and celeriac chips with glass dry white followed by lc raspberry pudding and fage yoghurt.
Awful day here, very wet and windy, my drive home was rather entertaining, a canoe would have been more appropriate x

Reactions: DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast out in dog friendly cafe. They have changed the chef. Gloriously buttery eggs and lovely golden translucent fat on the superb bacon.

Then watched Ready Player One (which was much better than I expected, and now I have to watch it again to get the rest of the gamer and fiction refs. There was a someone with a gremlin avatar, and soooo many different nods to films, books and TV. LOTR. SF... Visually splendid, too). And had some chocolate with that, while Mr B munched his way through half a tonne of yog coated peanuts.

D: chicken thigh korma. Will have goatsmilk yog, later.

Not enough fat again. My macros are slipping... ;)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, awful wet and windy weather here today.
B coffee with cream and a cheese omelette with 2 cherry tomatoes
L cheesy skillet bread topped with Philadelphia, ham and tomato
Late afternoon I had a small cappuccino at the onsite restaurant at work, had an informal chat with the head of department for the role I may be returning to, he treated me to the coffee
D sausage casserole, sausages cooked with a little bit of stock, tomato paste, mushroom, celeriac and onion, kale and buttered cheesy skillet bread, it was just what was needed on this cold wet night

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal

Your skillet bread... I think this is something that Mr B would enjoy. :D

BUT the whole skillet part is not gonna work for me.

I can’t/won’t use the big gas oven. Never had a successful meal out of it, because it heats unevenly and the temp gauge idiosyncratic to say the least. New cooker planned, but in the meantime I manage very well with one of those lovely wee halogen ovens. And no skillet will fit insde it.

Would it work if I just used a cake tin?

What is the diameter of your halogen? We have a load of cast iron cookware, including a couple of small (about 8" x 1.5") gratin style pans/trays. They have handles, but more like tabs or lugs that a long handle. Something like that might work, although maybe not deep enough?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is the diameter of your halogen? We have a load of cast iron cookware, including a couple of small (about 8" x 1.5") gratin style pans/trays. They have handles, but more like tabs or lugs that a long handle. Something like that might work, although maybe not deep enough?

Actually, that would work pretty well.
Don’t have anything like that... yet.
Will see how the cake tin goes, and consider buying one as you describe. :D

Oh, forgot to say, the halogen is 11 litre capacity, so it takes a chicken, but not a turkey, if you see what I mean.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening everyone. Stormy weather has kicked in here to be sure but cosy and warm inside tonight.
B: scrambled egg, avocado and smoked salmon. Coffee & cream.
L: The corned beef cheesy, eggy, thingy with half a chopped chilli. Mr C fancied a corned beef sandwich for lunch so that’s what he got but he looked longingly at my plate so I’ve said I’ll make it for him tomorrow ( if he behaves)
D: Chicken Kiev with crumb made of the leftover bits in half used bags in my cupboard - turned out to be pork scratchings, milled flaxseed, little bit of almond flour and a little bit of parmesan. Worked v well. Served with asparagus and cabbage, both cooked in butter. 2 glasses red wine ( bottle left over from weekend away, looking lonely)
Been a while since I made the cheesy corned beef spicy eggy thingy

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have now entered a very strange world indeed so not sure I will be posting menus. Tested after just drinking tea with almond milk - 7.4. Instinct is to fast but look at porker on the left - surely that is wrong??:arghh::arghh:
Are you coming down with something? Hubby has gone thermo-nuclear lurgy now and it didn't take long.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.2 FBG was also 6.2. Surprised the strain of trying to get any sleep with non stop coughing going on from Hubby hasn't put me through the roof. Chased him back to bed while I took off to the dentist. Dentist thought I did a pretty good job of plugging the cavity where I'd lost a filling but it's nice to get it done properly. Like most of you it's very cold and very wet.
B. Just time for a coffee. Dentist isn't too far away but a bit of a nightmare in rush hour.
L. The breakfast I didn't have time for 2 GF pork chipolatos, 2 rashers crispy bacon, 1 mushroom, slice of GF black pudding and a fried duck egg. Hubby emerged so I made him a couple of scrambled eggs which he ate with a warm croissant.
D. Was going to be chicken but the beasties I got was taking 2 hrs to cook so hubby ended up with southern fried chicken and I had more of the M&S bits from yesterday, whipped cream cheese, 1/2 avocado, prawn cocktail, anchovies, Honduran prawns and tuna, red onion and beans.
Got another 600 mls Bailey's made and it's off to mature in the fridge. Must have a go at that skillet bread too.
Is it really just 4 weeks to Christmas?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.2 FBG was also 6.2. Surprised the strain of trying to get any sleep with non stop coughing going on from Hubby hasn't put me through the roof. Chased him back to bed while I took off to the dentist. Dentist thought I did a pretty good job of plugging the cavity where I'd lost a filling but it's nice to get it done properly. Like most of you it's very cold and very wet.
B. Just time for a coffee. Dentist isn't too far away but a bit of a nightmare in rush hour.
L. The breakfast I didn't have time for 2 GF pork chipolatos, 2 rashers crispy bacon, 1 mushroom, slice of GF black pudding and a fried duck egg. Hubby emerged so I made him a couple of scrambled eggs which he ate with a warm croissant.
D. Was going to be chicken but the beasties I got was taking 2 hrs to cook so hubby ended up with southern fried chicken and I had more of the M&S bits from yesterday, whipped cream cheese, 1/2 avocado, prawn cocktail, anchovies, Honduran prawns and tuna, red onion and beans.
Got another 600 mls Bailey's made and it's off to mature in the fridge. Must have a go at that skillet bread too.

Is the Christmas market open yet in Edinburgh, Maglil?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ooh scrambled eggs with a warm croissant! How I’d love that!

Christmas in 4 weeks? Nooo I’m nowhere near ready

Reactions: maglil55

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Hi - I am making a concerted effort at low carbing so for breakfast - the usual greek yoghurt with a few berries. Lunch was 2 eggs scrambled. Dinner was the keto Chicken Caesar salad followed by a piece of keto lemon cheesecake.

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w