First HbA1c results since diagnosed

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys.

I've been counting down the days waiting for this and today I got my first HbA1c results since diagnosis. I have to say I'm chuffed as it has come down from 84 to 52.
well done .. keep on the great work dear

Reactions: Alineden

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys.

I've been counting down the days waiting for this and today I got my first HbA1c results since diagnosis. I have to say I'm chuffed as it has come down from 84 to 52.
Excellent news and well done on all your efforts..

Reactions: Alineden

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
Hi Guys.

And 3 months later my new result has come back at 41. I'm very happy with that.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, it looks like you've cracked it! Excellent reduction in a short space of time.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Excellent! Congratulations. That was my last result too, want to come further downstairs with me? :) What did your GP or nurse say?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Alineden, wow, what a success. Come on now, don't be shy, how did you do it?, give us a typical weeks strategy, we all like to hear about these success stories. x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good going @Alinedin keep low carbing and you WILL get even lower non diabetic numbers, btw it takes a different time for us all because we are all unique.

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
Excellent! Congratulations. That was my last result too, want to come further downstairs with me? :) What did your GP or nurse say?
Thanks Briped. I've not spoken to anyone other than the receptionist I spoke to when I rang for my results.

Reactions: briped

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
Hi @Alineden, wow, what a success. Come on now, don't be shy, how did you do it?, give us a typical weeks strategy, we all like to hear about these success stories. x
I think the main thing I've done I cut out the carbs to the point where I don't have to count them. The only carbs I get now are those from salad, avocado, nuts and a few blueberries. The LCHF has done the trick with the blood/glucose but unfortunately after an initial weight loss of about 2 stone I haven't lost any weight for weeks.

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
Good going @Alinedin keep low carbing and you WILL get even lower non diabetic numbers, btw it takes a different time for us all because we are all unique.
Thanks PenguinMum

libbylondon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's inspiring to hear Alineden, well done. I was diagnosed recently with 82 and now going low-carb. Will be hoping to follow your great example, and of others on here.

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
That's inspiring to hear Alineden, well done. I was diagnosed recently with 82 and now going low-carb. Will be hoping to follow your great example, and of others on here.
Thanks Libbylondon. Don't forget to check the label on everything. Theres so many things out there with carbs and added sugar that we didn't know about when we started out. Oh and try to forget everything you've ever been told about low fat diets. They are probably the best tips I could give anyone starting out on their type 2 journey. Oh and visit here often. Loads of lovely people with brilliant advice and encouragement.