SD Code Free Strips Batch no. S0318075.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only have the PDF file the manufacturer produced and I don't know how to post it. Can you help? I only have the basic Adobe reader.

Don’t ask me what type of file type the results I posted are! I just took a screen shot of the table on my iPad, then shrunk it in pic stitch app as I do all photos that I post on this forum :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t ask me what type of file type the results I posted are! I just took a screen shot of the table on my iPad, then shrunk it in pic stitch app as I do all photos that I post on this forum :)

I thought of a screen shot but there are 6 pages of it!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for this, @Rachox. Perhaps any members using that batch will post here any anomalies?

Reactions: Rachox

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the conclusion of the manufacturer when testing batch SO314144 in 2015.

v8qVFq.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Rachox and @Bluetit1802 very interesting. I continue to get odd results - will do some proper analysis at the weekend.

Was about to say I couldn’t see the screenshots, but as soon as I quoted your post to comment they showed up! Probably an iPad quirk.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am actually seeing lower numbers than of late with this batch. Not sure whether I am encouraged by that, or suspicious that there is a fault with the strips.
:rolleyes::banghead:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm definitely seeing higher numbers with these strips.. quite a few low 6's where I would normally be low 5's..

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm definitely seeing higher numbers with these strips.. quite a few low 6's where I would normally be low 5's..
I’m on my second pot of this batch now and am finding this pot a little better but I’m still getting some low 6s where I would expect to be in the 5s. At least with the number of retests I’m doing I’ll get shot of this batch sooner than usual! :joyful:
I haven’t received the new batch from Home Health yet. I’ll keep in touch about it though.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The new batch arrived this morning so I have started parallel testing. So far I have got the following results:

Date and Time. S0318075.oooooS0318099.

23/11/18. 13.00. 5.4.oooooooooo5.3

23/11/18. 13.35. 5.3.oooooooooo5.3

23/11/18. 15.35. 5.9.oooooooooo5.6

23/11/18. 19.25. 5.0.oooooooooo4.7

23/11/18. 21.25. 6.0.oooooooooo5.3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I opened a new box in this batch today and my readings are now much more in line with what I’d expect at certain times of the day or in relation to the type/quantity of food eaten. Perhaps Home Health’s theory that there are some rogue tubs within the batch is correct.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I opened a new box in this batch today and my readings are now much more in line with what I’d expect at certain times of the day or in relation to the type/quantity of food eaten. Perhaps Home Health’s theory that there are some rogue tubs within the batch is correct.

I’m on my second tub of this batch and it seems a bit better than the first one, in my email I mentioned that aswell as the apparent higher readings from this batch, I was getting fed up with the inconsistency of the strips from one tub to the next.

Reactions: Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These strips are really getting on my nerves.. just had 2 readings in the high 6's then tested again and got a 5.9.. making a right mess of my figures. I've sent off for some Caresens glucose strips so I can run parallel for a week and see the diff...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These strips are really getting on my nerves.. just had 2 readings in the high 6's then tested again and got a 5.9.. making a right mess of my figures. I've sent off for some Caresens glucose strips so I can run parallel for a week and see the diff...

I agree! SD Code Free Strips just seem to be getting more and more inconsistent. I’m still parallel testing this ‘rogue’ batch with another batch they sent me. S0318075 consistently reads higher than the other batch, but even the newer batch is throwing up stupid high readings sometimes which on retesting show a more expected reading. Before Home Health asked me to do the parallel testing I’d ordered some strips for my Caresens, can’t wait to test that to see if it’s more consistent. Might be worth the extra outlay?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox @bulkbiker my parallel testing of 50 Codefree strips (from the batch mentioned in the title of this thread) with 50 Caresens strips (not 50 consecutive tests as life sometimes gets in the way of carrying 2 lots of paraphernalia/running 2 tests every time) revealed that the Caresens were equally inconsistent and if anything reading higher. I haven’t had time to plot everything out but will give it a go this weekend - have to wait in for a delivery tomorrow so an ideal chance.

Also have another tub of Caresens strips so will start another parallel test. Will keep you posted.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received 5 pots of test strips and guess what they are batch S0318075 !
I will now have to test along side my Caresens to see if any major difference.
This makes the Codefree no longer a cheap option for strips .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.. making a right mess of my figures...

Ha ha, when I read this first thing this morning I read it as “making a right mess of my fingers”. I just came back to say, I’m going to have to stop the parallel testing soon as my fingers have trouble producing a drop big enough for one test never mind two! :joyful:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha, when I read this first thing this morning I read it as “making a right mess of my fingers”. I just came back to say, I’m going to have to stop tho parallel testing soon as my fingers have trouble producing a drop big enough for one test never mind two! :joyful:
we need an "Ouch" emoji too!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used Codefree for 3 years but then gave up on it and started to use an Accu Chek Mobile meter. I have now used an Accu Chek exclusively for approaching 2 years. I really do sympathise with you all. The Codefree was very annoying, and worked out more expensive with such a lot of re-tests and mistrust. The mistrust was the worst bit.