What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big hug and commiserations, @Cumberland. And I'm glad you're doing OK now!

I'm down to 6.3 2 1/2 hours after breakfast after the high FBG. Breakfast was 2 small sausages with peanut butter and my usual coffee with heavy cream.

I still have to use a calculator to translate my numbers, but I'm learning to think in moles as well as grams! I can look at a 6.3 and know it's an OK #. :D

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hello everyone. 6.5 yesterday and today.
In better news I have crossed the line marked “3 stones lost” and I am now “12 stone something” for the first time in decades. Ok the something is 13.5 lbs but it starts with a 12!!!
Happy days.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night all just getting ready for bed I spoke to the diabetic nurse today and since going down to 5 units of levemir isn’t stopping me being in the 4s I’m now on 4 units and my diabetes dr wants to see me sometime this month as she wants to do some tests as I always drop about 2 hours after dinner from say 9.0 to 5.5 has anyone had something similar happen? I also realised I barely rose after a dinner of shepherds pie tonight. Anyway sleep well everyone

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Night all just getting ready for bed I spoke to the diabetic nurse today and since going down to 5 units of levemir isn’t stopping me being in the 4s I’m now on 4 units and my diabetes dr wants to see me sometime this month as she wants to do some tests as I always drop about 2 hours after dinner from say 9.0 to 5.5 has anyone had something similar happen? I also realised I barely rose after a dinner of shepherds pie tonight. Anyway sleep well everyone

Well tonight I dropped from 10.5 after dinner to 6.8 at two hours.not quite the same but near enough. And now 5.1 at bedtime.

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
For those of you who do twitter - here is a rare little treat. I am not really a goldfish. I don't even have a goldfish.
I've gradually learned how to avoid and ignore the cesspit of vileness that lurks on Twitter, and as a result have found it a rich source of information and links, which I'll try to share more of on here (taking care to stay within the rules on promotions).
To you all though, I shall remain Rhubarb the Goldfish.

https://twitter.com/CBRooooney/status/1069708284490383360

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For those of you who do twitter - here is a rare little treat. I am not really a goldfish. I don't even have a goldfish.
I've gradually learned how to avoid and ignore the cesspit of vileness that lurks on Twitter, and as a result have found it a rich source of information and links, which I'll try to share more of on here (taking care to stay within the rules on promotions).

Well done! You look so healthy now.
I just replied to you on Twitter, waving hello. I use a different maple leaf for my avatar therel.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Well done! You look so healthy now.
I just replied to you on Twitter, waving hello. I use a different maple leaf for my avatar therel.
When a cat waves at a goldfish, it isn’t always a friendly gesture.... nice to connect, thank you for the kind words

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. 6.5 yesterday and today.
In better news I have crossed the line marked “3 stones lost” and I am now “12 stone something” for the first time in decades. Ok the something is 13.5 lbs but it starts with a 12!!!
Happy days.

Yay! Congratulations!

Reactions: ziggy_w

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Three great pics there!

And now I am no longer picturing you as I used to picture you before the Twitter link :cat:

rhubarbthemillionairecat1.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 very late posting

My little bit of chat is to share my good news. My surgery have run my story in their latest newsletter. It's a 2 pager with lots of photos and stats. Really well put together. My stats showing my t2d in remission and my @ 4 stone weight loss. This will be handed out across my 2 very large surgeries. Not only that but the practice manager who is being ultra supportive to our cause is going to send this together with our inspirational stories booklet, blood glucose monitoring leaflet, 100 stone lost and kicked diabetes butt, Dr unwin papers, 1936 LCHF diabetes guidelines to every local surgery by email on.my behalf (across Blackpool fylde and wyre). I'm touting for business for the local diabetic group as well as trying to spread the word. Feeling happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-041834_Yahoo Mail_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-041834_Yahoo Mail_resized.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 115