Blood Glucose Readings On My Apple Watch With Miaomiao

Rach85

@Rach85

A standalone smartwatch includes all the functionality of a smartphone built-in. Generally, they connect to 3G or 4G mobile networks and take a SIM card. ... In this way, you are not forced to use a smartphone with them if you do not want to.

i copied this from a review of standalone smart watch for models to look at

1. Top Pick: Apple Watch Series 3
  2. Runner-Up: Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
  3. Best Performance: LG Watch Sport
Thank you, I have ordered the Miao Miao and will order the 3 you suggested and see which fits the best on her. Thanks again

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Thank you, I have ordered the Miao Miao and will order the 3 you suggested and see which fits the best on her. Thanks again
hi there @Rach85

maybe do a google search on "standalone smartwatches for children" -- there are quite a few out there

Straw362

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I’ve just ordered a Miao Miao for my 10 year old daughter.Please can you tell me how to request the spike app on iPhone & do I have to request the app on all our iPhone devices. Myself , daughter & wife phoned

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi can you scan the libre with the Apple Watch? Also does it work with series 1 or is it just higher? Thanks x
hi there.... you dont actually use the smart watch to scan..... you need a device such as libre , a bluetooth transmitter such as miaomiao and a smartphone that you load the spike app on .. the data is then automatically sent to the phone without the need for scanning... a smart watch can be included in this arrangement as well.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi

I’ve just ordered a Miao Miao for my 10 year old daughter.Please can you tell me how to request the spike app on iPhone & do I have to request the app on all our iPhone devices. Myself , daughter & wife phoned
i have tagged in @mytype1.life and @Mel dCP as they both use spike

TangoDoc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic, vinegar, dental hygeinists, Brexit
I have been using a Freestyle Libre for over two years and couldn't think of life without it now. I recently began to use my iphone 7 as a reader which was helpful but now, for the last few days, I have a Miao Miao which is linked to my phone with an App called Tomato. I was given to understand that Spike wouldn't work.
Today, I went to the Apple shop in Leicester expecting to buy an apple watch series 5 but was told by a techie that Tomato was not compatible and he was unable to advise me how to proceed. In nearby John Lewis, who also sell the watches, the assistant who was wearing an Apple series 3 watch showed me how, once he had loaded Tomato on his phone he would be able to sinc it across to the watch.
Who has a Apple 5 watch actually working with a Miao Miao and what app would you recommend?

Emertype1

When I didn’t think technology could get much better after getting the Freestyle Libre sensor, this has blown my mind!
I did some research into how best to get my blood sugar readings on my Apple Watch and here we have it
If anyone is interested in the process here you go (with Apple Watch):
1) Ordered the Miao Miao (M) reader online, took 12 days to arrive.
2) In the meantime requested an invite to download the Spike app
3) Once the M arrived I charged it until the green light appeared (took 1 hour)
4) Used the stickers provided to place the reader on top of my Libre sensor
5) Followed the set up tutorial on Spike and used the Watch configuration guide.
6) Covered both with Rocktape.
My biggest worry was if it would get in the way but I certainly put the M to the test last night with a contemporary dance class, involving a lot of rolling around the floor! I totally forgot it was there.
I think the developers of this need a medal and a big thanks to everyone who provided advice! To think this is one of the first of it’s kind, who knows what it might be like in a few years time! View attachment 26940
Can I ask how this is going?
I'm recently diagnosed and am using a Google.pixel. phone but am tempted.to.go down the apple watch and iPhone route for my miaomiao. Any advice?