Food ideas to take to party

BAZZA_P

Well tomorrow is the Champions League Final Man Utd v Barcelona and my Brother is having the whole family round his to enjoy the match and have plenty of food and drink.

I said id take some of my healthy diabetic friendly food for everyone to try.

What would you guys take??? Im might do some of those turkey burgers i posted. Was gonna take a sald but its a bit boring. Can anyopne suggest some great party food i could make to take?

Basically since ive started cooking and eating healthy now i want to show off!!!!

louiseb

what do you mean by healthy? low carb so it doesnt have much impact on your bg or do you mean low fat and low calorie. I have a few nice recipes but they are quite high in calories

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi BAZZA - google low carb party food and you will get loads of sites with recipes and tips - I just did it and they're are a lot :)

Try this site it has a low carb superbowl party - similar to that football thingy isn it not? :wink:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbholidaymenus/a/locarbsuperbowl.htm

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
What we found good for James owing to being coeliac were fruit skewers. We were at a party a few years ago, took some sandwiches, crisps, cocktail sausages and our friend did these skewers for James as he could not have any of the sweet treats. They were so good that everyone was going for them and poor James was not happy :lol:

So your turkey burgers with the fruit skewers should be a definite hit :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bazza - your turkey burgers looked nice. Why not make some canapes, with a mini burger, half a cherry tomatoe (or a sun dried/sun blush tomatoe slice) and a mozerella pearl on a cocktail stick?

Perfect example of a lo-carb snack.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've given it a lot of thought... Truth is, anyone can spend an hour on Google and get a whole host of great recipes, and modify them to their own taste. For me, that usually just means adding chilli or cheese!!!

I might consider doing an e-book at some point. Won't be until work quietens down a bit though! :wink:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How about a a low carb trifle .Layer fresh berries or blackcurrents then choc mousse made with high cocoa dark choc melted and beaten with double cream a layer of cream on top with some choc grated on top with a few berries and mint leaves to decorate .This can be made in a large trifle dish or individual sundae dishes.
CAROL

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It's a one off isn't it???? Is it going to be repeated?????? (NAAAAHHH!!!)

Just go for it and enjoy!!!!! Life isn't alll Diabetes......

My hubby wants to go to certain olympic games...and has put in for them ((((((cardiff millenium womens football!!!)))))))......it's a one off.........go an enjoy.......life isn't just one day.........