My hba1c result

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Numbers like this is extremely rare...following standard treatment protocol and dietary guidelines.

http://www.diabetesforecast.org/2015/jan-feb/remission-rare-possible-type-2-diabetes.html

I think you are on the right path ;)
Thanks.

It has been really hard but I'm feeling better and better. I don't crave carbs now but do have that HiLo bread at breakfast as I cannot stomach anything else.

And AND my colitis is in remission I do believe! So double bonus. Yay to me.

I miss chocolate though.. boost, wispa, crunchie, rolos, twix, bounty, snickers,

OH THE CHOCOLATE!!

Reactions: Shem S and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I miss chocolate though.. boost, wispa, crunchie, rolos, twix, bounty, snickers,

OH THE CHOCOLATE!!
Pre-diagnosis I used to eat a lot of chocolate, (mainly Cadbury's), flake, fruit & nut, cadbury's cream, kitkat, and I could eat a 500 gm bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk in an evening.
I've lost the taste for it now, but I do like a bit of high cocoa content dark chocolate which is a lot less sugar and carbs.

Reactions: Shem S

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Pre-diagnosis I used to eat a lot of chocolate, (mainly Cadbury's), flake, fruit & nut, cadbury's cream, kitkat, and I could eat a 500 gm bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk in an evening.
I've lost the taste for it now, but I do like a bit of high cocoa content dark chocolate which is a lot less sugar and carbs.

I just cannot stand dark chocolate. I suppose I could mix a little with some cream and xylitol.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
RitterSport 72% Dark chocolate is my go to snack...now I find regular milk chocolate way too sweet.

15178953_1841031362807988_600113816017847712_n.jpg

Reactions: TTTE

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
RitterSport 72% Dark chocolate is my go to snack...now I find regular milk chocolate way too sweet.

15178953_1841031362807988_600113816017847712_n.jpg
I just cant stand the thought of it. It is actually like morning sickness to me. Which is awful. I dont know why. But just thinking about the stuff is too much.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm not keen on plain dark chocolate, but I like the flavoured varieties. My favourites are LIDL's J.D. Gross caramel dark chocolate and Montezuma's Orange & Geranium dark chocolate.

Shem S

Hello all.

Okay so I got my 3 months results today from
The surgery. 120 at diagnosis (thought it was 112.)

It's now 50. Is that good?

If I get anything like that when I get my next result I’ll be over the bl00dy moon

Well done you!

What have you changed since diagnosis?

Reactions: Prem51

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
If I get anything like that when I get my next result I’ll be over the bl00dy moon

Well done you!

What have you changed since diagnosis?
First off I switched to eating lower carb but still carbs (halving the amounts.)
I think I'm fortunate that I can tolerate them slightly better than most but only a bit.
Then after advice here cut out all normal bread, pasta, rice. The usual stuff.

I have strawberries and raspberries, cream, small amount of reduced sugar custard.
Hilo bread with half teaspoon of no added sugar jam in the morning as I cannot stomach eggs or meat at that time.

I don't eat lunch as such. Sometimes fridge raiders, olives, little bit of cheese. Occasional slices of corned beef.

Dinner, anything carb free (besides some veg.) curries, stews etc. Meat (no pork.)

Sugar free jellies, I keep a box of celebrations in the cupboard and have one occasionally as I detest dark choc and that keeps me missing chocolate. Just every so often though not every week.

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
I did 91 to 47 at the first test, and saw 41 at 6 months - so you could be doomed to be normal....

Thats impressive! Well done to you!

Here's hoping I will be 'normal' soon. I am working hard at this like we all are but I have caught a nasty little cold so my readings are up for the last couple of days.

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
Same here. My shopping trolley would usually contain an array of chocolate biscuits and sweets etc. Now, a year post diagnosis, I don't miss them. However the wife does still sometimes find me in the chocolate isle of Tesco saying hello to old friends

Reactions: Prem51 and Shem S