ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I saw the oral surgeon last week which my dentist referred me because of my hoarse voice. My gp wouldn't do anything as he kept saying it was because I snore.
The oral surgeon requested to have two biopsies one on a tiny lump under my tongue, second one, I larger lump at back of my tongue.
I got appointment through today for the biopsies on 20th December. At the moment am unsure about how many stitches I will have. I would say the small lump would just be the one stitch but the one on my tongue could well be more going by the way the consultant said. Not looking forward to it but glad it's soon.
My worry is, I know I may not be able to eat much apart from soft food like soup, but would by Christmas day, would anyone know if I be able my Xmas meal.

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t think anyone here can tell you. I know in the hospital, stitches are usually left on for about 10 days. My father , however, was a dentist and said something about oral injuries often healing faster than injuries to other parts of the body. It will all depend on what the person doing the biopsies says after the biopsies are taken. Until then, no one knows how deep or involved those lumps are.

Try to shift your focus. A large part of Christmas is about sharing with family and people we love. Enjoy and cherish the time with those close to you. The food can be replaced or replicated at a later time, not the people.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I don’t think anyone here can tell you. I know in the hospital, stitches are usually left on for about 10 days. My father , however, was a dentist and said something about oral injuries often healing faster than injuries to other parts of the body. It will all depend on what the person doing the biopsies says after the biopsies are taken. Until then, no one knows how deep or involved those lumps are.

Try to shift your focus. A large part of Christmas is about sharing with family and people we love. Enjoy and cherish the time with those close to you. The food can be replaced or replicated at a later time, not the people.
Thank you for the information

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
It depends how you feel about blood in your mouth. my dad was meant to leave it a similar time frame after oral surgery but decided he was having at it anyway. He went through a couple of stitches but enjoyed his meal, didn't create too much fuss and healed up ok. Your risk to weigh up tho!

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
It depends how you feel about blood in your mouth. my dad was meant to leave it a similar time frame after oral surgery but decided he was having at it anyway. He went through a couple of stitches but enjoyed his meal, didn't create too much fuss and healed up ok. Your risk to weigh up tho!
I don't mind a small amount of blood in my mouth.
I will go and get it over with.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
have you heard about the biopsy's mega hugs hoping all is fine xxx

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I go back on 31st January for the results. I do feel, if there was anything wrong, then I would have heard by now