Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use on on my Fiasp now. Was going to get one for my Tresiba BUT should be moving over to a pump in a few months. But yeah it is a blessing to be able to see when you last took the cap off. Really could have done with one last night lol
Alarms going off again!!!!! 3.9 and south facing arrow
id still get the half unit pen for tresiba porl69 even just for a few months that half unit doesnt half make a diffrence.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
id still get the half unit pen for tresiba porl69 even just for a few months that half unit doesnt half make a diffrence.
Would love a half unit pen for the Tresiba Karen. That post was on about the Timesulin pen top to let you know when you last removed the lid :) https://timesulin.com/shop/ I have the worlds worst memory

Reactions: karen8967

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, coincidentally I just made a quick visit, and see @Fairygodmother and @Knikki are wondering where I am.

I had to leave you for a bit. I am a very very naughty secret brexit supporter, and I feared things might get difficult, and I had to go to twitter, and do my duty there, during this difficult time. Big fan of the nation state, and believe the euro pushes the EU further and further into reducing sovereignty for member states, in support of a currency we don't use.

Anyway, enough of that.

Not much happening blood sugar wise, sometimes good, sometimes less good. How is everyone, I see @Mel dCP has successfully passed something, and got a very smart looking ID card. What else has been going on?

Reactions: kev-w and Knikki

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The good news is Fiasp works faster than NovoRapid and I do not appear to experience any allergic reaction.
The bad news is it seems to be far more potent than NovoRapid for me.

I know some people have found they need to lower their basal when switching to Fiasp but I asked my DSN who is usually brilliant and has known my diabetes for nearly 15 years and she advised to keep my dose the same.
Since a slight breakfast peak, I have munched through 7 GlucoTabs, had an omelette for lunch, not bolused at all and been hovering around the 3.5 level.
Just knocked my basal down by 30% and hope to not to need many more GlucoTabs.

Slightly annoying but it is not even early days - it is early hours and the first change from NovoRapid for 15 years.

Definitely glad I decided against a lunchtime Spin class today.
I’m not sure, but have a few people posted similar experiences when switching to Fiasp. If I recall the speed and ferocity of Fiasp tends to dissipate as your body becomes accustomed to using it.
There again I could have been dreaming.:banghead:

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re Fiasp. Have not had to change my basal or alter my bolus amounts. I still have to pre bolus about half an hour before eating. However, it has definitely kept me on a more even keel. It seems to work well for the three hours it is meant to. What I have found is it is not good if I have risen too high, usually because of Adrenalin fuelled exercise. It takes forever to shift it. On balance I am happy with it, but I wished it worked even faster.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hello, coincidentally I just made a quick visit, and see @Fairygodmother and @Knikki are wondering where I am.

I had to leave you for a bit. I am a very very naughty secret brexit supporter, and I feared things might get difficult, and I had to go to twitter, and do my duty there, during this difficult time. Big fan of the nation state, and believe the euro pushes the EU further and further into reducing sovereignty for member states, in support of a currency we don't use.

Anyway, enough of that.

Not much happening blood sugar wise, sometimes good, sometimes less good. How is everyone, I see @Mel dCP has successfully passed something, and got a very smart looking ID card. What else has been going on?

Very relieved you’re ok.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The good news is Fiasp works faster than NovoRapid and I do not appear to experience any allergic reaction.
The bad news is it seems to be far more potent than NovoRapid for me.

I know some people have found they need to lower their basal when switching to Fiasp but I asked my DSN who is usually brilliant and has known my diabetes for nearly 15 years and she advised to keep my dose the same.
Since a slight breakfast peak, I have munched through 7 GlucoTabs, had an omelette for lunch, not bolused at all and been hovering around the 3.5 level.
Just knocked my basal down by 30% and hope to not to need many more GlucoTabs.

Slightly annoying but it is not even early days - it is early hours and the first change from NovoRapid for 15 years.

Definitely glad I decided against a lunchtime Spin class today.
Hi @helensaramay think with all changes we make it will be trial and error for a week or so until it all settles down. Good luck with Fiasp, let us know how you are getting on

emmay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @helensaramay
I have been using Fiasp for nearly a year now and can confirm your basal will defo need to stay down I wasn’t on much to start with 4/6 now I’m on 2.5/2.5. The Fiasp works so much faster I also don’t have to inject 30mins before I eat, apart from at breakfast I still have to wait 15minsbut it’s much more manageable. The only draw back is that I have had a reaction to it, my feet and lower legs swell up so I have had to start taking water retention tablets but even that’s not to bad as they initially said 2 tablets a day but I take about 2 a week.

Good luck

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Tested 15 minutes ago......2.4 oh no, gf biscuits are getting it back up, 3.4 at the moment and rising, I just want to go to bed and sleep zzzzzzzzzzzz

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I was sleeping really deeply until half an hour ago to find the roof leaking into my bedroom... husband in the loft trying to sort it out while I sit at the top of the stairs waiting...
Sending lots of hugs and a magical umbrella !!! I hope the trouble is soon mended !!